Confused

rudyutz

Reaction score
no problem and it would take me about 10-15 minutes now that I've done it-the longest part is booting from the Linux CD and then typing at the prompt to load recovery

Along with my last post {you didnt reply to this one(not in a mean or rude tone)} I just got a windows 7 pc yesterday and was wondering exactly hopw you downloaded and burned it to the CD. I really dont want to end up with linux.

darinr80

Reaction score
oh sorry that last post had not come in yet...so yeah boot from CD/DVD and choose to start/install Linux-it won't install but you'll have the live CD

rudyutz

Reaction score
oh sorry that last post had not come in yet...so yeah boot from CD/DVD and choose to start/install Linux-it won't install but you'll have the live CD

Can you put more description in the burning linux to cd and downloading linux. I love windows and dont want to have to buy it since the windows PC is one day old.

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Can this damage the computer at all?

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

darinr80

Reaction score
Not if you use it as a live CD-meaning you're just booting to it to check it out...

devator22

Reaction score
There is a demo option after you have booted. Just choose that one and it will not make any changes to your computer. I used the .exe method, where it installs like a program on windows. Took 15 minutes to download, 20 minutes to install and boot, and 3 minutes to root.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

rudyutz

Reaction score
There is a demo option after you have booted. Just choose that one and it will not make any changes to your computer. I used the .exe method, where it installs like a program on windows. Took 15 minutes to download, 20 minutes to install and boot, and 3 minutes to root.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using the DroidForums app.

Can you give me a link for the .exe method.

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
Is it back and running??

rudyutz

Reaction score
I got S-OFF from windows version, but it didnt install clockwork, and I cant figure out how to do it. Anyone know what to do?

OP
DROID MONSTER

DROID MONSTER

Reaction score
I can't even get S-off help please

darinr80

Reaction score
S-OFF is just the first step that allows you to then install the recovery, then root.