Confused with XOOM app store

dudeitsmattx

Reaction score
Why is it that some apps are not on the XOOM market like my bionic market. Is it not the same? Also some of the app show screen shots of them on a phone.. wtf

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

William_04_x

Reaction score
I can only guess that all apps won't perform correctly on a tablet, so they aren't all available. Different versions of Android may also be a factor. My phone is GB, and the tab is HC. I'm sure we'll see more as these devices gain popularity.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

bazar6

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.imbazar.me
Definitely hit up Wicked's link. Also, some apps won't function on tablets, or vice versa. In the market, developers have the option to set which devices (based on their physical attributes) or which OS' (HC, GB, Froyo...) can see and download the app. It helps in protecting the developer from getting one star, hatred-filled comments because something doesn't work on a device the dev haven't developed for (such as an app that uses the call or SMS function, would be useless on a tablet that [isn't meant] to do that [*though there are work arounds]).

If you go to https://market.android.com/ you'll be able to surf the full market I believe with no restrictions, the only time you'll see an app that is incompatible with your device is when you go to hit install (if you have more than one device): the drop down will have incompatible devices grayed out.

hope that helps.