confused with the new droid razr maxx

roach

Reaction score
On 8/20 a new droid razr maxx is coming out.I must of went back 3 times to check the name of the phone because it was the same name of phone I have.Is the 5' inch screen the only difference,what am I missing here.
I was waiting for goggle and motorola to hook up with something radical.So what does it have besides the 5' screen that mine does not have.

THANKS
Droid_Maxx_Black

phillipsj

Reaction score
You can goto Motorola Website too. The have all three models there

Sent from my Razr HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If you're talking about the original RAZR then there are more differences. The CPU and ram are upgraded. Performance will be better.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

dan.dar

Reaction score
The new Droid Maxx is not a Razr. It's just Droid Maxx. It has a larger screen with non-pentile subpixel layout. Even larger battery, much faster graphics, slightly faster cpu (same architecture but a 200mhz higher clock speed), twice the ram, supposedly a much improved camera and wireless charging support.

It loses the metal surround and metal buttons on the Razr Maxx HD (more plastic all around) and it loses micro SD support (I think).

Not enough to upgrade from Razr Maxx HD, in fact in hand it probably feels cheaper. It's a substantial step up from original Razr Maxx though.

wcjeep

Reaction score
It looks like the Ultra Series phones might have been in pipeline when Google bought Motorola. I've read phones normally take 18months to bring to market. This would explain releasing the Ultra series phones and then immediately releasing the Moto X phones. The MX phones look to be inspired by Google.

dan.dar

Reaction score
I'd still pick the new Maxx over X due to the battery and extra storage. Internally these are pretty much identical phones.

bweN diorD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
G2
I'd still pick the new Maxx over X due to the battery and extra storage. Internally these are pretty much identical phones.

would be nice if we had a breakdown of the maxx too see if it has the extra antenna(s). then we would know how identical it may be.

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
The new Droid Maxx is not a Razr. It's just Droid Maxx. It has a larger screen with non-pentile subpixel layout. Even larger battery, much faster graphics, slightly faster cpu (same architecture but a 200mhz higher clock speed), twice the ram, supposedly a much improved camera and wireless charging support.

It loses the metal surround and metal buttons on the Razr Maxx HD (more plastic all around) and it loses micro SD support (I think).

Not enough to upgrade from Razr Maxx HD, in fact in hand it probably feels cheaper. It's a substantial step up from original Razr Maxx though.
I Feel the same way,Droid Maxx & Droid Razr Maxx HD, I see no need to upgrade at this time unless someone can show me some extra benifits besides display size,I may check out samsungs note3 even though I have stayed with motorola ever since I owned the droid,droidx,droid4 and bionic.so iI will just wait I only had this phone 5-6 months.