Confused, few questions

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Deano2423, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Deano2423

Deano2423 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I rooted my phone without problem and installed the current smoked glass rom. I also created a backup before I did so, (after the root obviously)...

So my few questions are:

1. If I were to run the backup that would undo the smoked glass rom I assume?
    2. If I then install sholes updater from the site if that any different from the smoked glass file in the download thread?
    3. I suppose i'm also confused about whether sholes is just a root or not, because as I said I already rooted, and then the smoked glass theme allowed 5 home screens and 2.1 apps etc. But I notice sholes comes out with a lot of updates so it seems that it's more than a root.
    4. If it is more than a root, can I still run their updater even though I'm already rooted?

Sorry for the confusion, i really appreciate any help.

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Restoring to a nandroid backup will return the phone back to the state it was when you created the backup

The Sholes Updater app roots your phone for you, installs SPRecovery for you, and installs their own custom ROMs for you......all you gotta do is click buttons

3. Deano2423

Deano2423 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, what if I already rooted and have the latest SPRecovery, can I still use the Sholes updater without any problems inorder to get their custom roms. In other words will it recognize what I already have done/have.

4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep! That's how I used it...cause I've had those things installed for a while....and the app will check your phone for you...

So if you get it, it will automatically start at the part where it installs the actual ROM....

Oh, and I'm sure your familiar with apps that require root, meaning when you first launch the app a little popup window will come up asking for root permissions......make sure you check "REMEMBER" and then check "ALLOW".....and then the app will freeze, force close, and then you reopen the app and all is good!! :)