Confused droid x girl!!

brittanylync

Reaction score
Okay so I purchased the Droid X this Wednesday. I really like the phone and the features are awesome. However, i'm on a limited data usage with only 150 MB and i've noticed that only two days into owning the phone I have already used almost 50 MB!!! I've been reading other people forums and they're saying things like don't use Mobile 3G and turn on WiFi..etc, but I don't know where to go to turn these things on or off. I know very little about technology. I would really appreciate it if anyone can tell me STEP BY STEP a good way to turn off some of these unnecessary apps that are running.

P.S. The only apps that i really use of this phone is Facebook and Twitter so I am really confused to how I used 50 MB in just two days!

Any kind of help would be appreciated..
Thanks

Reaction score
As for using 50mb just using Facebook and twitter, you have to realize that those Apps are regularly polling for updates.

To turn your wifi on and set it up;
From the homescreen:
Press Menu
Press Settings
Press Wireless Networks
Press Wifi Settings
At the top you can click the check mark to turn the wifi on and in the bottom you should have a list of networks appear. Pick yours, enter your wifi password and away you go.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
150MB is almost impossible to stay under on one of these Devices - my advice is to moniter it real close, as the overage charges are probably outrageous

OP
B

brittanylync

Reaction score
Is there a way I can make the phone stop regularly syncing updates from facebook and twitter?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into each applications settings menu and under "refresh interval" select "never" -

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
As far as best phone I am biased to my droid 2. But all of those devices are great devices. I am sure you will love your droid x once you learn more about it. Our droid x section and our droid x sister forum wll provide you with the tools to learn more about your dx. Congratulations with your purchase, and here is the link to our sister forum.

Droid X Forum

leonozug

Reaction score
That 150MB deal is a rip. Verizon is going to make a lot of money off unsuspecting people who never had a smartphone before. That just ain't right. The unlimited plan is the only way to go with a smartphone, cause they just eat data like crazy. I go through like almost 2GB a month by myself!! The 150MB plan is good for people with a regular cellphone pretty much only....

Jordan8

Reaction score
It'll be hard to stay under 150mb on such a powerful device. Using wifi as much as possible will help a lot. You can touch & hold on your home screen & add the power mangememt widget so you can quickly turn things on and off such as wifi.

Keep in mind its a good idea to turn wifi off to conserve battery when you don't have a network in range.

EDIT: You can also go into menu - settings - battery manager - & change it to maximum battery saver. This will turn your 3G off after 15mins of inactivity which I'd assume will help your data issues... along with battery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Bilgediver

Reaction score
150 mb is only good for people who use email and nothing else.

Even sending picture messages can use it up like its nothing.

Droidforums.net appified!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
150 mb is only good for people who use email and nothing else.

Even sending picture messages can use it up like its nothing.

Droidforums.net appified!
And who never leave the house and have WiFi at home.

One option is to put the phone in Airplane mode every night before bed, but then nobody can call. Turn off mobile data -- or bite the bullet and call Verizon and ask for the $30 unlimited plan. It's really the best buy, hands down, rooted or stock.

Reaction score
Working at a VZW indirect store, I have seen some people who are using less than 150mb on their phones. Heck, on my tab I've had for a little more than a week I have hardly used more than a couple of megabytes because I am in constant wifi for around 85% of my day.

Sent from my rooted Galaxy Tab

Mayerling

Reaction score
In all honesty if you are already paying for 150mb a month you might as well just get the unlimited data plan. I doubt the extra cost will make THAT big a difference. I don't understand how you could possibly come even CLOSE to this phones potential with such a limited data plan...

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm just curious how much you are paying for a 150MB plan a month, I'd be willing to bet if you go over that you can probably pay for a couple months for an unlimited plan in what it will cost you for the overage charges... :icon_eek:

Jordan8

Reaction score
I'm just curious how much you are paying for a 150MB plan a month, I'd be willing to bet if you go over that you can probably pay for a couple months for an unlimited plan in what it will cost you for the overage charges... :icon_eek:

The 150mb plan is $15 I believe.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App