Confused about process.

Cstryon

Reaction score
I'm trying to follow the instructions to update to to GB from here
http://www.noticeorange.com/StoryBo...RpY2VvcmFuZ2VyDQsSBFNpdGUY2ZLqAQw&font_size=9
My question is, in the first note, right under the warnings, it says if I have a rom like liberty, I can just flash the zip just like any other rom update? That sounds to good to be true...is it really that easy? No sbf or headaches?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
to flash to gingerbread no you don't need to sbf, just flash like a rom. but if you decide to come back to froyo you will have to sbf.

OP
C

Cstryon

Reaction score
So if I want to go back to froyo in the future, do I want to sbf now? Is sbf like a backup?

Aequitas

Reaction score
So... if I get this GB and Say I wanna go back to liberty tomorrow... is there a place where I can get that SBF file? or im not really sure what any of this means.. like do I need ot make a backup that I can flash back to or does that not work between froyo and GB? :confused:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok heres what you do. go in to clockwork and make a backup of liberty. then flash the gingerbread zip file. then if you ever decide t come back to froyo, you will have to sbf which is a full system recovery that you flash from your pc. if you're using a windows machine you will do it from a program called rsd lite 4.9

the #3 link in my sihnature will help to explain in more detail and walk you through the process.

Aequitas

Reaction score
Ok sounds easy enough, but I am on mac =/ is it possible to do with mac? I COULD pull out my pc and hook it up but Id rather not deal with that. If thats the only way to do it then fine but if theres an easy mac way then that would be lovely

Aequitas

Reaction score
Alright well thank you very much! Do you think its worth it with new liberty coming out soon?

OP
C

Cstryon

Reaction score
Thank you spaz. Sounds easy enough ^_^

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're both welcome. And yeah i would say it's worth it, but I'm a constant flashr.

tappin and a talkin

OP
C

Cstryon

Reaction score
So I have gb installed with root. I like it so far. But liberty is still my home. Have any of you that's installed gb with root had trouble with bootstrap? Bootstrap doesn't seem to ask for root privileges, and I can't reboot into recovery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums