Confused about Notifications

mandrews1234

Reaction score
Is there a way to make all of my notifications i.e. text messages, calls, facebook, email... use the same notifier. Now if I get a new email I don't get any message at all. Can I set some sort of default and if I change that, it changes everything? If not, how do I change my email account notifiers? If I set them to a ringer but put my phone on vibrate, will they vibrate? New droid user sorry I appreciate the help. :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to make all of my notifications i.e. text messages, calls, facebook, email... use the same notifier. Now if I get a new email I don't get any message at all. Can I set some sort of default and if I change that, it changes everything? If not, how do I change my email account notifiers? If I set them to a ringer but put my phone on vibrate, will they vibrate? New droid user sorry I appreciate the help. :)

:welcome: to the forum. I thought that when you first got your Droid they were all set up for one notification. No? OK

If that's not the way it is in your Droid then go to the item, let's take messaging as an example, menu button/settings/notifications and select the one notifier you want it to be on each item. There is no way to do this in a one step method, you'll have to do it app by app.

If you want them to vibrate then select vibrate. If not then don't check it.

Hope that helps.

OP
M

mandrews1234

Reaction score
That's kind of what I figured. I can't find this menu button for the apps. When I open the settings I have Wireless & networks, call settings, sound & display, location & security... Forgive my noobness.