Confused about losing the unlimited plan

THESHADOW1937

Reaction score
Natey2

welcome to T-Mobile. I have been acustomrrbof T-Mobile since March and since my origional negative experience at onenof thier stores I have nothing but positive experiences in my dealings with them. Thier phonebtech support is excellent and I have found a T-Mobile outlet where the customer satisfaction comes first.
When I mention to the T-Mobile reps that I am legally blind they bend over backwards to give me all the help I need whenever I need it.

Fonzz

Reaction score
Just cuz they haven't yet, doesn't mean they won't in the future.

The points I mention above, along with a history of honoring grandfathered contracts into perpetuity, strongly suggests unlimited is going nowhere any time soon.

I'll add this: It seems to me that as more and more grandfathered unlimited plans are "lost" when people keep loosing them/giving them up, there will be less and less of a "reason" to "eliminate" it for the very few remaining holdouts (I often refer to them as something else, a highly revered term), not that there ever has or ever will be plans to eliminate it entirely.
For those of us that are determined to keep unlimited with Verizon, there will always be a way, we just have to want it enough and be savvy enough.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'll add this: It seems to me that as more and more grandfathered unlimited plans are "lost" when people keep loosing them/giving them up, there will be less and less of a "reason" to "eliminate" it for the very few remaining holdouts (I often refer to them as something else, a highly revered term), not that there ever has or ever will be plans to eliminate it entirely....

That is 100% true.

And it's fairly clear that the course of action VZW has taken is to entice people off unlimited (first with eliminating the subsidy, and subsequently with a variety of "cheaper" plans than on offer to the public).

6gigs (one of their offers) and a subsidized phone is going to be tough for most people to justify...A $350 subsidy DOES force one to think about just how much data they really need, or can manage with.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That is 100% true.

And it's fairly clear that the course of action VZW has taken is to entice people off unlimited (first with eliminating the subsidy, and subsequently with a variety of "cheaper" plans than on offer to the public).

6gigs (one of their offers) and a subsidized phone is going to be tough for most people to justify...A $350 subsidy DOES force one to think about just how much data they really need, or can manage with.

Considering I bought my maxx for $399, I wasn't tempted to lose my unlimited plan.