Confused about how to install BB

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Tubadude627, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Tubadude627

Tubadude627 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, first post here! I decided to root my phone less than a week ago and have been reading up on custom ROMs and want to try BB out. I am using ROM Manager (not the premium version) and Titanium Backup to do all of this stuff. I have made a backup, not sure if it is the right kind (I see it in ROM Manager under Backup&Restore) and I backup up everything with Titanium Backup using the batch setting. I hope both of those are correct. But as far as to what is the next step I am somewhat confused. Any and all help is appreciated!

2. GregNY

GregNY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So far so good to me

You may want to run a full system backup which you can do via ROM Manager. In ROM Manager you would Reboot into Clockwork Mod Recovery, scroll to nandroid, and select backup. This is just in case something bad happens you can perform a restore without having to successfully booting in to your phones ROM.

Next thing you want to do is select Download ROM in ROM Manager. Find Bugless Beast and download and install the ROM from there. As far as I know you should wipe data/cache when it gives you the option.

All should go well and once BB finishes booting for the first time, you can download Titanium Backup and run a restore to get back all your stuff.

3. Tubadude627

Tubadude627 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been clicking on boot into recovery, but every time I reboot and hit the camera button and up it gives me options but there isn't one that says nandroid. It says I have a recovery already, but I do not remember how I got it.

4. GregNY

GregNY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When in ROM Manager does it say you have clockwork mod installed? If so, when you select reboot in to recovery, do not press anything it will go to recovery automatically.

5. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    go into rom manager and flash clockwork recovery. go into rom manager again and click make a backup and name it something(looks like youv already done this). the go into TB(titanium backup) and click backup all system apps and data. sry i g2g now ill edit it later and add more :(

what i put so far is what you need to backup. (put the backup made by rom manager on your cpu too so you will always have it) <--just incase

get the bb onto your sd card->in rom manager click install from sd card then find the bb then click wipe data and cache then itll reboot and itll be bb. now go into tb and click restore all system apps and data.

note-if you get a triangle with an ! just take your battery out, reboot and flash clockwork again. for stock (on my droid) it automatically goes back to the stock recovery each time i reboot with the stock rom. stock is the default rom that is initially on your phone btw.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  6. Tubadude627

Tubadude627 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It says my current and latest recovery is ClockworkMod 2.5.0.1. Everytime I click on reboot in clockwork recovery and don't push anything it just gives me the yellow exclamation point in the triangle..

7. doublea500

doublea500 Active Member

Ratings:
    +13
    i added more to mine (didnt have to go). just flash clockwork again. it goes back to stock recovery (the yellow exclamation point in the triangle) each time you reboot.

8. Tubadude627

Tubadude627 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I backed everything up and put the backup on my computer as well. Now how do I go about putting BB on my sd card? Do I unzip it first then place all three items on it, or do I create a new folder on the sd card to place these three items in?

EDIT: Found the update.zip file on my sd card, but when I click it and click wipe and reboot I get a message booting up saying "Signature verification failed. Installation aborted". What do I do to fix that?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  9. GregNY

GregNY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not familiar so I won't lead you wrong. My best advice is : in rom manager, click download rom, click bugless beast, and download and install that way... best and most straightforward way imho.

10. Tubadude627

Tubadude627 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you think if I wiped the cache and did a factory wipe and then apply the update it would work?