1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Confused about exchange policy

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by -gabe-noob-, Dec 14, 2010.

1. -gabe-noob-

-gabe-noob- New Member

Hi guys, I just recently bought my Samsung Fascinate, but while in the store I really really liked the Droid Pro, it just felt quicker. I also like the blackberry style keyboard

Suffice it to say, 2 weeks have passed and I'd like to go change my phone to the pro, not only for the keyboard, but for the smaller design, and froyo/better support, and snappier functioning as I have read.

Am I entitled to a free exchange? Will there be a fee for exchanging? can I also return the accessories I bought with the fascinate? And lastly, does the exchange have to happen at the place where I originally bought the phone?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

-gabe-noob-
  2. PaulQ

PaulQ New Member

Verizon...

You have 30 days to exchange for any reason as long as the phone is still like new. They want EVERYTHING back. They charge a $35 restocking fee. I was able to return accessories when I did it. You can only do this one time.

FYI - The Pro has trouble with Exchange servers.
  3. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

30 day return policy. all you pay is a restocking fee of $35 i think it is.
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1
    Also bad battery life and low speaker phone volume.
    The reason behind the restocking fee is that the corporate stores at least do not sell used equipment and have to ship the phone back. As far as where to return it, it depends on where you got it.

DroidForums junkie!!
  5. -gabe-noob-

-gabe-noob- New Member

Thanks guys, any idea if I can return it to a place other than where I bought it? And I don't have the boxes for the accessories, that's going to be a problem, isn't it?
  6. PaulQ

PaulQ New Member

Yes, you can go to a different Verizon store.

As for the packaging, I'm not sure. I would bring it all and be very nice. See what they say.
  7. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

Depends on where you bought it. If it didn't come from a corporate store, it cannot be returned to a corporate store. Telesales or verizonwireless.com are the only exceptions.