Confused about exchange policy

-gabe-noob-

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just recently bought my Samsung Fascinate, but while in the store I really really liked the Droid Pro, it just felt quicker. I also like the blackberry style keyboard

Suffice it to say, 2 weeks have passed and I'd like to go change my phone to the pro, not only for the keyboard, but for the smaller design, and froyo/better support, and snappier functioning as I have read.

Am I entitled to a free exchange? Will there be a fee for exchanging? can I also return the accessories I bought with the fascinate? And lastly, does the exchange have to happen at the place where I originally bought the phone?

Any answers to these questions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

-gabe-noob-

PaulQ

Reaction score
Verizon...

You have 30 days to exchange for any reason as long as the phone is still like new. They want EVERYTHING back. They charge a $35 restocking fee. I was able to return accessories when I did it. You can only do this one time.

FYI - The Pro has trouble with Exchange servers.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
30 day return policy. all you pay is a restocking fee of $35 i think it is.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1
Also bad battery life and low speaker phone volume.
The reason behind the restocking fee is that the corporate stores at least do not sell used equipment and have to ship the phone back. As far as where to return it, it depends on where you got it.

Verizon...

You have 30 days to exchange for any reason as long as the phone is still like new. They want EVERYTHING back. They charge a $35 restocking fee. I was able to return accessories when I did it. You can only do this one time.

FYI - The Pro has trouble with Exchange servers.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
G

-gabe-noob-

Reaction score
Thanks guys, any idea if I can return it to a place other than where I bought it? And I don't have the boxes for the accessories, that's going to be a problem, isn't it?

PaulQ

Reaction score
Thanks guys, any idea if I can return it to a place other than where I bought it? And I don't have the boxes for the accessories, that's going to be a problem, isn't it?

Yes, you can go to a different Verizon store.

As for the packaging, I'm not sure. I would bring it all and be very nice. See what they say.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Depends on where you bought it. If it didn't come from a corporate store, it cannot be returned to a corporate store. Telesales or verizonwireless.com are the only exceptions.