Conflicting reports about Droid hands free BT

mjp81

Reaction score
Multiple people at Verizon told me that the Droid does indeed have hands free dialing on bluetooth, provided you buy a high end earpiece. Yet since the launch all I've ever heard is that this function wasn't available on the Droid. I don't have BT myself and probably won't need it, but I would like to know what the real deal is.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
"High end" isn't really relevant. The BT headset has to have built-in voice dialing. IIRC this is addressed in many threads.

BhamItGeek

Reaction score
Thats the one best thing about my Microsoft Sync system in my Milan..It does voice dial without pushing any buttons...it answers the phone...It does it all.

smcannon

Reaction score
I just bought the new Jawbone Icon. Sweet device, but it doesn't do hands free dialing.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Multiple people at Verizon told me that the Droid does indeed have hands free dialing on bluetooth, provided you buy a high end earpiece. Yet since the launch all I've ever heard is that this function wasn't available on the Droid. I don't have BT myself and probably won't need it, but I would like to know what the real deal is.

My S305 stereo headset isn't very high-end, but it does last number dialed. No dice on the voice-dial tho.

s3v3n0ut

Reaction score
I have the Moto T505 which I believe is still their best BT car adapter. Beng moto I thought it should work perfectly with the droid. Unfortunately it works as well as any other BT voice device, no voice dial. I still can't believe they went to production without this. The Razr was one of the first BT phones and it had full BT voice functionality. The fact it's missing this feature is just sad.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shows how poorly trained (or corrupt) many sales people are. Voice dialing is handled on the handset end (though the BT device does have to support it)... and as of now Android (at least the 2.01 that we currently have) does not support BT voice dialing. It's a known failure that they have been working on. The sales rep is just trying to make his quota... but a good headset is always a good investment (and you will need/want one that supports voice dialing in case Google ever gets it right).

BhamItGeek

Reaction score
Shows how poorly trained (or corrupt) many sales people are. Voice dialing is handled on the handset end (though the BT device does have to support it)... and as of now Android (at least the 2.01 that we currently have) does not support BT voice dialing. It's a known failure that they have been working on. The sales rep is just trying to make his quota... but a good headset is always a good investment (and you will need/want one that supports voice dialing in case Google ever gets it right).

I guess that does it...EVERYONE go get a FORD with SYNC... works like a champ...tell it to dial a specific contact and presto it dials... if I want it to dial a phone number not in address book. then i tell it to dial number.

WOrks like a champ

Ken_photo

Reaction score

My S305 stereo headset isn't very high-end, but it does last number dialed. No dice on the voice-dial tho.

How does that work? I have the headset and haven't noticed how to do that.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score

Most BT headsets will auto-dial the last number with either a double-press of the call/action button or a short press-and-hold. Check the manual for your device (but almost all of them are a quick double-press).

Barkleyfan

Reaction score

Hold down the call button for a second or two until it beeps. Look at your phone, and it should be dialing the last number you dialed. Works for me anyways. I'd be ultra stoked if they got the voice dialing working too.

Ken_photo

Reaction score

Hold down the call button for a second or two until it beeps. Look at your phone, and it should be dialing the last number you dialed. Works for me anyways. I'd be ultra stoked if they got the voice dialing working too.

Thanks, just confirmed that with my manual.

BobDroid

Reaction score
blue. ant q1

Does this headset do voice dialing on mot droid like bill suggested?

mikes

Reaction score
Shows how poorly trained (or corrupt) many sales people are. Voice dialing is handled on the handset end (though the BT device does have to support it)...
It can be done by the phone, or by the BT device. For instance, the Parrot CK3100 car kit will do voice dialing even if the phone doesn't do voice recognition. It sounds like some BT headsets have the same ability.