CONFIRMED: Moto X Pure Comes With Unlockable Bootloader, NO Carrier Branding

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Many of you are trying to decide between the OnePlus 2 and the Moto X Pure. These are the most hyped devices right now and for good reason. The OnePlus 2 is a pretty solid device with many good features it leaves a bit to be desired with its lack of fast charging and lack of NFC. The Moto X Pure on the other hand seems to be more of a full package, but is expected to be a bit more expensive. The Mote X Pure is unlocked and works on all US carriers, while the OP2 is carrier unlocked but only works on GSM networks.

If you are leaning towards the Moto X Pure you might be happy to know that we have confirmation that the device will ship with an unlockable bootloader. It has also been confirmed that the device will not have any carrier branding which means NO BLOATWARE! It's still not clear if any carriers will offer this phone at a subsidized price with a contract since there will be no branding. I guess we shall see.

via @P3Droid

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
OH MAN.... I want the note 5 but this.... unlocked bootlader... do what I want on MY device.... hmmm...

maybe samsung could be convinced to release a device like this.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I too and wanting the Note 5. i swore I'd never get another Samsung device but the Note 5 is soooo tempting. Then this comes along. Why can't phones be cheaper and I be richer!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I too and wanting the Note 5. i swore I'd never get another Samsung device but the Note 5 is soooo tempting. Then this comes along. Why can't phones be cheaper and I be richer!
I read 399 for this phone.... maybe that was another phone but for 399 I'd be all over this.

JKZ

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if this phone will possibly work with Google Fi? I know Google stated they were going to try to incorporate more phones besides the Nexus 6 into the program. This seems like a very logical choice seeing that there are no carrier ties to it.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Has anyone heard if this phone will possibly work with Google Fi? I know Google stated they were going to try to incorporate more phones besides the Nexus 6 into the program. This seems like a very logical choice seeing that there are no carrier ties to it.
Some others have asked the same question & this is what they found Moto X Pure Edition - Not Yet Supported ProjectFi

Google Fi is saying that the Nexus 6 is the only phone supported now. I'm still 3 weeks away from my invitation. I'd assume once all of Nexus 6's invites are out, we'll know more.

Tapped from a Moto X

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
OH MAN.... I want the note 5 but this.... unlocked bootlader... do what I want on MY device.... hmmm...

maybe samsung could be convinced to release a device like this.
They do, they did with the Note 4, but it took forever to release the device" Note 4 developer edition ".

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is huge.....problem is, that phone is HUGE! Otherwise I'd be all over it.

It may not matter much to the masses, but an unlocked bootloader compatible on all carriers is about the most flexible/adaptable device you can get. And no more waiting for updates.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
When is this supposed to hit?