Configuring droid 1 to be comparable for gingerbread? There's some Apps for that!

sonicfreak360

Reaction score
So, think about it. The only reasons that we know of that might keep gingerbread from the droid 1 is the cpu and ram. We could fix that with ease!

Cpu: the first application is setcpu, and its widely known on the market. You can use it to Overclock to 1000, and that problem is solved!

Ram: now, gingerbread might require twice as much ran as the droid 1 has. Time to bring out the second application, rom manager. Also widely known, it has the feature of partioning your sd card, and creating swap, up to the amount of 256mb. Using an application called swapper 2, you can use the swap as ram. See, that solves the last issue!

Do you think the D1 is ready for gingerbread?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Rhino413

Reaction score
No ginger bread will not be coming to the droid 1 and maybe not even the droid x. As for the cracked ass idea it won't work the os will look deep into the kernel for system info when installing and this is assuming ginger will even be available as an upgrade from froyo Google may ear mark ginger as a whole new os requiring install from a fresh sbf that would negate any apps you have mentioned

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That might help you to run a gingerbread rom but if google isn't pushing it to the d1 then overclocking wont make it show up.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Yeah software mods still dont take the place of having the actual compatible hardware....unfortunately.

Wuzz Ranger

Reaction score
To the OP: Your talking about a rooted Droid phone. Their are a lot of people that still have the Droid as an unrooted device.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh well yeah I would bet almost anything there will be ginger roms for d1.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App