Conference Call Question.....?

nkt001

Reaction score
Hello -

I recently purchased a Droid....so far it's a great phone. There is one thing I can't seem to figure out how to do (I was able to do this on my old Treo)...I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I'm on the phone with someone and I wish to initiate a conference call. I press the "Add Call" button to add another line. I dial up the second person, but it turns out they are not there. I'd like to be able to end that second line and come back to my origional line. Pressing the "END" button cuts off both lines.....which is obviously not what I'd like.

Does anyone know if ending the second line and returning to the origional line is possible ? Any help would be appreicated.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
You should be able to hit the "Swap" icon on the upper left to go back to the original call and just let the other line you called time out on its own. At least I think I did it that way earlier.

OP
N

nkt001

Reaction score
I gave that a try, but it doesn't seem to work. I thought I could open up the options menu and there migth be a selection to "end conference", but there's nothing there either.

If I could get this resolved, I would be very happy....!

OP
N

nkt001

Reaction score
Anyone else have any thoughts / suggestions.....?

OP
N

nkt001

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a 3rd party app that could help me out.....?

famac!

Reaction score
Its a horrible implementation on the Droid. I hope they redesign the conference call aspect soon. I just had to use it for the first time today and it made me wish for my iphone for a second. With the dial pad active, try as hard as i may, i could not get the merge calls icon to respond. I repeatedly tried and ended up hitting the number 1 several times. The second time, i had the dial pad deactivated and i was able to hit the merge icon easily. However, when hitting the manage calls icon, you have no idea what call is on hold and which person you are talking to. There has to be some sort of visual indication of who is on the line.

McDawg81

Reaction score
Any thoughts on whether this will be addressed in the next upgrade?

OP
N

nkt001

Reaction score
I agree...it is horrible. Honestly can't believe there isn't more discussion about this. I think people forget that these cell phone are atcually supposed to be able to make phone calls as well.....

I really wish the Android OS would revamp the conference call functionality or that somone would write some app to help manage this.

Don't get me wrong, this phone is AWESOME, but from a buisness-phone perspective, I think my old-ass Treo 700 was better.

Snicklefritz

Reaction score
Hello board,

Owning my droid for just about a week, I've been looking for a solution just like many of you have in the board.

I posted on the Google Product Idea blog regarding this issue and wanted to know if there were any additional things I was missing:

Google Product Ideas

Search: Droid Conference

If we can possibly get more entries or votes, I'm sure we can make this issue stand out (it's quite irritating not knowing who's in the conference and who's disconnected).

Cheers!

MZwelling

Reaction score
Share your pain...Different Reason

To date I have had no reason to conference since I have had my droid. That being said I am sure I will at some point in the future.

My issue is I have no idea how someone starts a conference call and then gets out of it.

Through me being figidty I always put people on speaker or mute, never intntionally, Most of the time I can get out of this. Sometime the buttonw are just sort of frozen. My newest trick while in calls in the side of my head confernencing in my voicemail. oncec this happend the only thing I have figured out to do id merge the calls or hang up on all calls.

I love my phone, i swear i do, but this is driving me insane. I jack up at least 75% of my calls everyday. My friend think I am an idiot or just that my phone is a pos. They can think whatever about me, but I hate when they dont think the new toy I just got isnt cool :icon_ devil:

omally

Reaction score
It's not the worst conference implementation I've seen - on my old HTC 6800 you couldn't conference an incoming call either, and you couldn't add a call via your contact list; you had to manually dial the number you wanted to conference in - but it's close. We certainly should be able to conference an incoming call, but that's manageable. What's just unforgivable is the way we're not able to actually manage calls. Why can't I tell which call I'm on when I switch between calls? Why can't I disconnect one party from a conference? Why, when I'm juggling two separate calls, do both lines disconnect when I press End? I love this phone, but this call handling is simply crap. I really hope they fix this soon.

mikedav1

Reaction score
Hear hear for that inconvenience. I read about this prior to getting it. I stupidly thought it would be worked out by now.