1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Concerns with April 21st release date

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by dyson, Mar 30, 2011.

1. dyson

dyson New Member

I was wondering if anyone else was concerned that the April 21st date is pretty unrealistic.

I've noticed very little coverage (i.e. demos phones, pre-reviews, hands-on videos, etc) besides the classic CES 2011 videos compared to the coverage on the Tbolt. I can't even find information on the Bionic from CTIA, which probably would of been a more polished prototype. There would be much more information and news on this phone if it were that close to being released.

Does anyone else feel like April 21st is too early?
  2. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

3. Xak02

Xak02 New Member

May 5th isn't too much further away from April 21st. At least I hope it is only the 5th. I don't really understand why it is going to end up being so far behind the Atrix, as the intarwebz people tell me it is the same phone, essentially.

** Also go Huskers!
  4. griz8791

griz8791 New Member

Deja vu. :icon_eek:
  5. JerseyFirefighter

JerseyFirefighter New Member

It doesnt give may 5th as a bionic release date. It just lumps it into the month. but as discussed in other threads as well... it seems rather rare to drop 3-4 BIG name phones in one month. So as sad as the reality seems, itd be the end of May if we're lucky.
  6. xier

xier New Member

Yep - looks like we may be right back to Summer Release - June-July - Tiered Pricing for LTE.
  7. trailblazen

trailblazen New Member

anyone and their brother can make a excel spreadsheet to say the exact same thing and title it roadmap. I call it grain of salt at best, sketchy more than likely.
  8. trailblazen

trailblazen New Member

Digging around some old CES vids on youtube found one that the rep said early Q2 not late like I have heard elsewhere. At least there is a small glimmer but heck it could still mean anything.

9. corymcnutt

corymcnutt New Member

I stopped worrying until I actually see it in the stores or on-line for purchase. This wishful thinking has tired me out - I just hope we see it by June at this rate! But if it does take that long to appear, it better be as bug-free as a phone can be and handle LTE!
  10. pattikate

pattikate New Member

I second that! I also hope it will be out before Verizon hits us with a tiered data plan.
  11. Vito.a

Vito.a New Member

So far, the leaked roadmap is accurate. Verizon now lists the Samsung Mifi and the Novatel 551 4G data modems this morning.
  12. brooklyn2410

brooklyn2410 New Member

It seems like everyone fails to notice that the roadmap says the the droid x 2 will be a 4g device when we all know that it isn't. Idk about you guys but to me it loses all validity from that.
  13. dafischman

dafischman New Member

I wouldn't say it's been 100% accurate. I can't find the Novatel Mifi4510L that was supposed to be released todayIf it wasn't released, then I would say this map is likely bogus. It was released yesterday, and they already have a discrepency on an item. That along with the DX2 being 4G and no previous rumors of the SG2 coming to Verizon until this, I think someone is having some fun spreading rumors.

Josh
  14. trailblazen

trailblazen New Member

its someone working overtime on the rumormill..period
  15. xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx New Member

I'm starting to agree (with some tech reviewers) that these BIG tech shows like CES, MWC are bad places to announce future products.... especially when the product is no where near its projected launch date.

No apple fan boy, but I loved how apple announced the ipad 2 and gave a release date 10 days away.
  16. Droid101

Droid101 Member

I will say the May date on the spreadsheet is false. If it were really to be released in may then every other rumored date we would have heard wouldn't be April 21st:). Id have to agree that it is someone having fun making a spreadsheet:)
  17. Planetary Devastation

Planetary Devastation New Member

I hear your concern. It does seem a little strange that Verizon would release the TB then the bionic so soon after. However, all my research has shown mixed reviews and supposed "leaked" info from reliable sources. So far I'm just expecting this phone anywhere from the April 21st date. To as far as mid July. Because I have been reading other reviews and they all guess that it will be coming out some time in this window of 3 months.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  18. elvis_marmaduke

elvis_marmaduke New Member

Did the TB get much publicity before it was out? Other than constant fake release dates :/

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  19. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

Got a call today and was told first week of June for the release of the Bionic. Don't hold ME to that time frame though : )
  20. allan1313

allan1313 New Member

Hope that's not true. That is lame :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums