concerning 2.1 and a new phone..

koralyne

Reaction score
I dont have my droid yet, and i probly wont for a few more weeks... (ugh, who am i kidding, probly a month) and apparently 2.1 is coming to the droid this week..

I would assume that new out-of-the-box droids would contain 2.1 (out of the box) Is there any way i can get it from 2.1 to 2.0.1? i wanna root and OC it.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter when the Droid was made when you turn it on it will update to the latest build.

Out of the box is meaningless.

rda990

Reaction score
I dont have my droid yet, and i probly wont for a few more weeks... (ugh, who am i kidding, probly a month) and apparently 2.1 is coming to the droid this week..

I would assume that new out-of-the-box droids would contain 2.1 (out of the box) Is there any way i can get it from 2.1 to 2.0.1? i wanna root and OC it.

Where did you hear that??

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
Well, what i was saying was, will it already have 2.1 on it, or will it have 2.0.1, then ask to update to 2.1. If it asks, i can decline (hopefully?) but if its already got 2.1 on it, i doubt a factory restore will bring it to 2.0.1.

rda990

Reaction score
Well, what i was saying was, will it already have 2.1 on it, or will it have 2.0.1, then ask to update to 2.1. If it asks, i can decline (hopefully?) but if its already got 2.1 on it, i doubt a factory restore will bring it to 2.0.1.

nvm i found it...i feel late even though i check this site about everyhour...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/21546-official-2-1-release-week-motorola-droid.html

And im sure you can put the 2.0.1 Update.zip in the root of your MC and reboot to Recovery and downgrade from there?

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score

nvm i found it...i feel late even though i check this site about everyhour...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/21546-official-2-1-release-week-motorola-droid.html

And im sure you can put the 2.0.1 Update.zip in the root of your MC and reboot to Recovery and downgrade from there?
Oh wow, you were serious. Sorry, id have answered you :biggrin:

But thanks!.. is there any way to get the update.zip? or would that be the unrooting patch?

D Roid

Reaction score

Just got my phone a week ago, but the 2.0.1 download came not out of the box, but out of the verizon FiOS. 2.1 will come from the same source, when it's available to all phones. Sorry bud, you've got to wait like the rest of us.

A word of advice, if i may? Pawn something, or... hawk a spare tire, or take a student loan... do a deal. However it is you make cash, do it!! Do it and buy this phone sooner than later. You'll be a better man for it :)

rda990

Reaction score

Oh wow, you were serious. Sorry, id have answered you :biggrin:

But thanks!.. is there any way to get the update.zip? or would that be the unrooting patch?

lol yeah and many ways,the 2.0.1 update.zip? Hold on let me find link

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score

Just got my phone a week ago, but the 2.0.1 download came not out of the box, but out of the verizon FiOS. 2.1 will come from the same source, when it's available to all phones. Sorry bud, you've got to wait like the rest of us.

A word of advice, if i may? Pawn something, or... hawk a your spare tire, or take a student loan... do a deal. However it is you make cash, do it!! Do it and buy this phone sooner than later. You'll be a better woman for it :)

Hahaha!!! funny thing is, that IS how im getting my droid!

...ive been waiting for the damn loan to process since the beginning of DECEMBER @_@

(im going absolutly nuts over this btw)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Your right if it comes with 2.1 a factory restore will bring it back to 2.1....

But I'm sure one of the genius rooters could get you a 2.01 ROM that will work just fine.

rda990

Reaction score

A word of advice, if i may? Pawn something, or... hawk a your spare tire, or take a student loan... do a deal. However it is you make cash, do it!! Do it and buy this phone sooner than later. You'll be a better man for it :)

:confused::confused:

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score

But I'm sure one of the genius rooters could get you a 2.01 ROM that will work just fine.

Well, by the time that happens, 2.1 would be rooted, wont it?

on that note.. lol, how long did 2.0.1 take to root on the droid?

(also why did it have to be rooted 'on the droid'? if another phone had 2.0.1 could the root update work for any phone with 2.0.1?)

droiddoes1912

Reaction score
all DROID's come stock with 2.0. it will ask to update to 2.0.1, then 2.1. If you dont wanna update to 2.1, then just decline it. I got my phone WAY after 2.0.1 came out and it was still on 2.0. I had to choose to go to 2.0.1, so I'm pretty sure you can just wait to do 2.1 until it is rooted.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Depends on the store. The corporate store I got my Droid from had gone through and made sure all their stock was updated to 2.01. They'll probably do the same for 2.1. But most stores probably won't bother.

OP
koralyne

koralyne

Reaction score
all DROID's come stock with 2.0. it will ask to update to 2.0.1, then 2.1. If you dont wanna update to 2.1, then just decline it. I got my phone WAY after 2.0.1 came out and it was still on 2.0. I had to choose to go to 2.0.1, so I'm pretty sure you can just wait to do 2.1 until it is rooted.

that sucks, it might skip 2.0.1 altogether...