Concern over latest update from Verizon

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by baldwindc, Jan 5, 2012.

1. baldwindc

baldwindc New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

This is my first time posting on droidforums. I am going to root my phone (I have the bionic), but have been unable to find specific information. Any advice from a more experienced user will be very appreciated.

For the bionic, what is the latest version of a root hack? Several of Google's top results are pages last updated over several months, and I know that some do not work with the new OTA.

When I do a system update, will I need to take any steps to ensure that my phone does not become A) bricked or B) non rooted? I believe Verizon has released one recently to correct many of the 4g issues they have been having.

Thanks,
    Daniel.

2. Camoxjeep

Camoxjeep Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Go into the bionic forum, plenty of info there. Latest official ota is 5.5.893, there was an accidental ota of 5.9.901 that has helped but that may not be the last official ota. What version are you on? If your still on 5.5.886 or 5.5.893 you can forever root it and keep root through an ota hopefully. Check the bionic forums though. I'm running 5.9.901 and love it.

Rooted and Hot Rodded DROID BIONIC

Search tags for this page

latest verizon update