Concept Video Expresses the Practical and Creative Side to Google Glass

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;S80mE3kQTJ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S80mE3kQTJ0[/video]​

It's interesting how polarizing Google Glass can be (and I am not referring to a sunglass mounted version, although that will likely come in the future). Some folks are thrilled by all the possibilities presented by the device, while some are appalled at the concept and think it will flop. Of course, there are the folks in the middle who will happily sit on the fence until all of this actually shakes out with the retail launch of the device. In the mean-time, a clever videographer at Playground Labs decided to create a small movie showcasing a ton of creative and practical uses for the device, just to show the possibilities for the future.

Will this video get some of the folks in the middle to jump off the fence, or even sway some who think it will flop? Share your thoughts.

Here's our Google Glass discussion forum: Google Glass Forum

xtor

Reaction score
YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S80mE3kQTJ0

It's interesting how polarizing Google Glass can be (and I am not referring to a sunglass mounted version, although that will likely come in the future). Some folks are thrilled by all the possibilities presented by the device, while some are appalled at the concept and think it will flop. Of course, there are the folks in the middle who will happily sit on the fence until all of this actually shakes out with the retail launch of the device. In the mean-time, a clever videographer at Playground Labs decided to create a small movie showcasing a ton of creative and practical uses for the device, just to show the possibilities for the future.

Will this video get some of the folks in the middle to jump off the fence, or even sway some who think it will flop? Share your thoughts.

Here's our Google Glass discussion forum: Google Glass Forum

Possibilities are endless!

sent from note 2

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
The expectation is that glass works flawlessly every time. How annoying would it be though to have everyone jabbering about nonsense constantly. Just from that video glass looks like a huge distraction. It looks cool and people are all for it, but I think its going to be a product that flops. Hell, we can't even get NFC checkout in every store let alone Google Wallet on every phone.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The idea is cool, I just can't picture it working that well either. Likewise, I can't stand when people are walking around the store talking louder then normal into their bluetooth mic wearing an earpiece.