Computer won't recognize phone

andreah1

Reaction score
Hi all...been trying for days now to get my computer to recognize my phone so that I may use pdanet. My husband and I both have bionics and when I tether his phone, absolutely no problem. Plug mine in and nothing...sometimes the little black motorola icon will show up in the system tray but when I try to connect to pdanet it says "make sure phone is set to usb debugging"....it is, I've restarted the phone a dozen times thinking it was that. Any ideas? I'm going out of my mind....:angry:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same cable used for both phones?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did this start before or after the ICS update?

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Trying to think back, I think (but not positive) that I've used it since the ICS update. I did get a new computer within the last month. I'm sure that's part of the problem...what's perplexing though is that my husband's works perfectly fine, mine doesn't.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe check if you have the latest Moto drivers.

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
I'm sure I do, I downloaded them. And, since my husband's bionic works like a charm they are functioning. It's got to be something with my phone.....

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Help. I'm still getting nowhere with this. I have a personal laptop at work that I always use foxfi on and had been using it with no problems but today when trying it won't work...it shows it's connected but internet won't come up (says not connected, navigation canceled). Also pdanet won't work either. Still the same message - make sure your phone is set for usb debugging. It is. Any ideas? I really need my phone for connecting at work....

OP
A

andreah1

Reaction score
Mine started long after I updated. I'm just about in panic mode, I really really need to get this fixed. Tried getting on the verizon forums and won't let me, talk about frustration. Keeps saying I'm already registered, I KNOW THAT, but won't let me sign in, says I have to register. :angry: