Computer keeps wanting to install Driver 4.6.0

ErnieGilman

Reaction score
I've got the Motohelper "when device connects" set to "Do nothing," and thanks sooooo much for that. In fact, for a while, nothing happened when I connected the phone. THAT'S WHAT I WANT. FOREVER.

My goal in connecting the phone to the computer is to keep it charging for hours while I use it when I'm at my desktop. I have yet to see any Motorola programs that make sense for me (some didn't even work). I'm left with one situation, though: when I connect it, a window pops up trying to get me to run "Motorola Driver Installation 4.6.0 setup Wizard." It's four clicks, every time I connect the phone, to get rid of it.

This started happening after I wanted to copy files off of my phone. I think I might have made some setting choice to be able to do that.

Is there some way I can just plug the phone in to charge, and still have it appear as a device in Windows Explorer, so I can copy images and such off of it and onto it?

I don't want anything automatic as these things inevitably do things in a way I don't want them done.

Thanks in advance.