1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Computer keeps wanting to install Driver 4.6.0

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by ErnieGilman, Apr 20, 2011.

1. ErnieGilman

ErnieGilman New Member

I've got the Motohelper "when device connects" set to "Do nothing," and thanks sooooo much for that. In fact, for a while, nothing happened when I connected the phone. THAT'S WHAT I WANT. FOREVER.

My goal in connecting the phone to the computer is to keep it charging for hours while I use it when I'm at my desktop. I have yet to see any Motorola programs that make sense for me (some didn't even work). I'm left with one situation, though: when I connect it, a window pops up trying to get me to run "Motorola Driver Installation 4.6.0 setup Wizard." It's four clicks, every time I connect the phone, to get rid of it.

This started happening after I wanted to copy files off of my phone. I think I might have made some setting choice to be able to do that.

Is there some way I can just plug the phone in to charge, and still have it appear as a device in Windows Explorer, so I can copy images and such off of it and onto it?

I don't want anything automatic as these things inevitably do things in a way I don't want them done.

Thanks in advance.
Search tags for this page
free motorola 4.6.0 driver
moto helper driver
motohelper motorola keeps wanting to install

motohelper motorola mb810

motorola xprt keeps trying to install driver
what is moto helper set up wizard
what is motorola driver installation 4.6.0