Computer does not recognize my X

hazierneglect

Reaction score
hey. so pretty much I have the deodexed version of GB and when I plug it into my Win7 computer it does not recognize it at all. The battery just starts charging. Im not sure if it is the phone, the computer, or the cable. I'm using a usb cable with an adapter (Rocketfish™ 6' USB Mini B Cable with 5-to-4 Pin Adapter : Rocketfish). Anybody else have this problem. Or know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is your phone in charge only mode? I know I had that problem recently when I sbf'd.

FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!
FreeMyMoto!!

OP
H

hazierneglect

Reaction score
thanks guys for the quick response.
Apparently I had an older driver so i downloaded the 4.9.0 with etc. driver, but still no luck. I tried a 'clean and reinstall' but it really doesnt look like anything's happening (Before I had to start over with windows there would always be a motorola logo in my notification area).

Im not sure if it is in charge only mode. When i plug it in I no longer have an option to put it into the 4 or so different modes (charge, usb, etc)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
thanks guys for the quick response.
Apparently I had an older driver so i downloaded the 4.9.0 with etc. driver, but still no luck. I tried a 'clean and reinstall' but it really doesnt look like anything's happening (Before I had to start over with windows there would always be a motorola logo in my notification area).

Im not sure if it is in charge only mode. When i plug it in I no longer have an option to put it into the 4 or so different modes (charge, usb, etc)

The phone doesnt show anything in the Notification Bar pulldown about USB Connected?

OP
H

hazierneglect

Reaction score
Yep. Exactly. Just the usual battery icon turns into the charging icon. No notifications. On a (maybe?) completely unrelated note the system sync icon, the one with two arrows pointing to each other in a circle, never goes away...
My computer does not recognize to and i cant ADB into it or anything. Gah