Completely unrooted 2.01 with custom kernal?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Froyo, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Froyo

Froyo New Member

Hi, I just unrooted my Moto Droid (again). Two issues- Everything is back to stock, including the recovery, but under "Kernal Version" in my settings it says:

2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0bandroidbuild@apa26 #511

I'm pretty sure this is the Kernal from the last ROM I had installed before I unrooted, which was Ultimate Droid 1.0. Also, it's been hours now, I'm on 2.01, and no updates have been pushed to me, so I doubt they are coming. What would be the best way to get to the latest 2.2 build? Do I have to install 2.1 first? Or can I go straight to the latest, and does anybody have those files handy?

My baseband is C 01.43.01P and my Build Number is ESD56 if those are signifigant. Thanks for the help.
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

I don't have a link to the files but I am pretty sure there's a stock frg22d update.zip around somewhere. Try searching for that. I am also pretty certain you can update straight to it.

Sent from somewhere...
  3. Froyo

Froyo New Member

Okay, I'll have a look for it, thanks. Also, how would I go about getting this custom kernal that is supposedly still on my Droid off? I assume I'd have to reflash SPRecovery...but then what?
  4. joeybarclay

joeybarclay New Member

What is the stock FRG22D kernel?
  5. Froyo

Froyo New Member

That's what I was wondering myself.
  6. teddyearp

teddyearp Active Member

@ Froyo, your kernel is the stock 2.0.1 kernel. You said it is 2.6.29-omap1-g0dd7e0bandroidbuild@apa26 #511 which in this thread was confirmed back as late as January 18 as the one included in ESD56. So it is NOT a custom kernel.

The 2.2 kernels start with 2.6.32. Your baseband, however is the latest version which tells me that you MUST have unrooted without using RSD Lite, correct?

So now, I guess you are looking for the stock, unrooted FRG22D file? I have the MasterFRG22D (the filename starts with those characters) file in my "Droid Files" directory below which you can use to go straight to 2.2 without having to go to 2.1/ESE81 first.

good luck
Search tags for this page

how to update kernel on unrooted phones