Completely unable to send SMS

silverfang77

Reaction score
Phone absolutely will not send texts

My usual SMS program is Verizon Message Plus. Lately, I've been experiencing a lot of trouble sending messages. Tonight, it refuses to send them at all. It tries and tries and then fails. I disabled VZW Message Plus and went back to Samsung's default app. It does the exact same thing.

I have texting synched with my computer and my tablet via the VZW Message Plus app on those and it works 100% fine on the other two machines, even after I disabled it on my phone.

I've already rebooted my phone, pulled the battery and SIM card, put them back in and tried again. No change.

Is it to the point where I should just go up to the VZW store and ask for a new SIM card?

Thank you.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Clear cache and data for the app. You will lose all messages but they should sync again once you open it again

Note 4tified

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Did this with no success.

Thank you.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
I'm not connected to wifi right now.

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Update: I went to the VZW store and they gave me a new SIM card. The phone STILL wouldn't send texts. The girl helping me told me that sometimes custom launchers interfere with things like that, so I uninstalled Nova Launcher. Texts STILL wouldn't send, so I did a factory data reset. As of right now, texts are sending again.

Can third party launchers interfere with sending texts?

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Update: I went to the VZW store and they gave me a new SIM card. The phone STILL wouldn't send texts. The girl helping me told me that sometimes custom launchers interfere with things like that, so I uninstalled Nova Launcher. Texts STILL wouldn't send, so I did a factory data reset. As of right now, texts are sending again.

Can third party launchers interfere with sending texts?
If they do/can I have NEVER heard of it. I think it was more so a different app giving it fits. Perhaps hangouts or one of those. I have had to disable other messaging apps in the past to get mine "jump started" again. Glad you got it resolved!

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
So I decided to test again this morning. I fired off a text, but it kept stalling, then failed. This time, I disabled my VPN and tested again, with the message sending.

I did a Google search, which yielded some results about VPN connections interfering with the sending of texts.

Anyone have experience with this?

Update: Just tested by firing up the VPN, then attempting to send a text. The text would not send. As soon as I disconnected the VPN, the message rocketed into cyberspace.

I just don't understand. I've used this VPN for months with no issues. Why now all of a sudden?

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Could be changes that are being made on big reds end...that's all I can really think of .

OP
silverfang77

silverfang77

Reaction score
Was thinking the same. How annoying.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.