completely replace Weather app?

Frankie

Reaction score
The built-in Weather app on the Incredible utterly fails to give me useful information. First off, it only tells the current weather, with no way to see the forecast for later in the day. Second, it's WRONG!!! This morning it was showing Cloudy long after buckets of rain had been pouring down. :icon_evil:

I like the look of the standard widget on the Home screen, and the weather animations are a blast, but without accurate useful weather it's a waste. Recommendations appreciated.

R24D24

Reaction score
The android news/weather widget is great IMO. It does everything you want and is accurate to boot! Have you tried changing the refresh times on the HTC weather widget, because mine is also accurate.

I prefer the android widget more so because of the news that can be customized, and the ability to show the weather at different times during the day. Tapping on the HTC widget will bring up a forecast for the week BTW.

Hope this helped some.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
snowstorm ftw.. love it.. i use it cuz i need to to see into the day, etc..

if its gonna rain later in the day means take my car to work, not my bike... used it with my moto droid as well..

OP
Frankie

Frankie

Reaction score
snowstorm ftw.. love it.. i use it cuz i need to to see into the day, etc..
Sweet. Snowstorm is the only weather widget I've seen that shows 6 hour increments. Most of them only have daily forecasts, which doesn't tell me nearly enough. I'd be even happier with 3 or 4 hour forecasts, but 6 will do. Thanks.

kmo

Reaction score
All these weather apps work, I like the weather channel. I do use the stock App too. Think it Depends on your preference as to what you like. The stock App is pretty cool for a quick glance. When I really need an up to the minute update on the weather I just look or go outside, easy. "Old School" I guess, haha...

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
beautiful widgets by far...

+1 on Beautiful Widgets. HTC Weather uses Accuweather, which I have notice is highly inaccurate for me. It will be 10:00 pm but it will show that it is still daylight outside. Not so with Beautiful Widgets which has always shown to be pretty darn accurate.

Beautiful Widgets is a payed app on the marketplace but you can add skins to your liking. Here is a pic of a skin I'm working on, but their are lots to choose from.

HolyGlass

snap20100529_171216.png
snap20100530_220540.png

Last edited:

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
looks the same as htc..

the one i use shows like a 6hr of each day example Thursday 5am-11am 61F, Thursday 11am-5pm 70F.. a little more in depth.. i really like mine.. snowstorm

i do custom colors too.. green and red.. it looks really nice and works great for me. and its 4x1 or smaller.. but its doesnt take up half the screen..

Last edited:

get it on!

Reaction score
Holygrail, did you replace the bar accross the bottom of your screen with an app to quickly pull up the phone? (I'm looking at the blue phone icon in lower left of your screen). There really is no need for the arrow to to the apps and + to the "add" page.
So, how did you get that??
Thanks!

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holygrail, did you replace the bar accross the bottom of your screen with an app to quickly pull up the phone? (I'm looking at the blue phone icon in lower left of your screen). There really is no need for the arrow to to the apps and + to the "add" page.
Thanks!

Honestly, I have no idea. These screen shots were taken by christim. I couldn't do it since my incredible doesn't have root. Just give him a pm. I'm sure he will tell you what he use to theme his phone.

shamus

Reaction score
Thanks!

Download a launcher from the market.
Helix, ADW and launcherPRO come to mind.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I was near the area this past weekend where the Tornadoes ripped through Ohio. Sirens went off, I went to check my phone, and only now did I realize how difficult it is just to get a fricken' radar map.

I've been using the 2.1/2.2 News and Weather widget, but to get a map or anything you have to click on its Weather Channel icon, then enter a zip code.. Blech.

I'm seeing good reviews on Weather Bug... which surprises me. I remember a time when Weather Bug on the computer was something I'd make a point to kill. Is it actually good? How does it compare to this Snowstorm app?