1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Completely Hopeless (Need to revert back to Froyo stock from liberty 2.0.1)

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Development' started by mrc0x, Jun 8, 2012.

1. mrc0x

mrc0x New Member

I've been through countless threads on countless boards and I'm pretty much calling it. I officially need help.

I'm a horrendous noob to flashing ROMs and MODs and all that jazz, but way back when, I rooted my phone via z4root and installed Liberty 2.0.1 successfully.

All was good... until now.

My phone will absolutely NOT stay on. It just keeps rebooting itself at random. Sometimes it'll run properly for hours, but usually it just throws a fit and reboots under normal use. I've done a factory reset, nothing. Various battery pulls in various orders according to this guy or that guy, nothing. I swapped in a new battery. Zilch.

I'm thinking it's time to SBF back to stock (specifically Froyo) and see if that fixes my problem. While I've found PLENTY of tutorials, I can't seem to find any working links to the SBF I need or if flashing an SBF is even what I need to begin with!

:hail: I'm begging you, oh helpful droid forum that I've lurked in ever so long but never posted in, what the hell is a guy to do?
  2. mm971106

mm971106 New Member

Yes an sbf is def. What you need
  3. mm971106

mm971106 New Member

Also, make sure your getting the right Droid 2 files vs Droid 2 global
  4. mrc0x

mrc0x New Member

Well I've managed to SBF to gingerbread at least (it was easier to find). Unfortunately my phone is still randomly rebooting. Back to being completely hopeless, lol.

I guess at this point the thread should be moved to the tech forum
  5. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable New Member

How often is it rebooting? Even stock GB reboots randomly a bit here and there. I'd recommend you check out Pete's One-Click root and install CM7 or Galnet MIUI 2.2.10 as they are both much more stable than GB. If nothing else, at least get Titanium Backup and get rid of the stock bloatware as it is part of the reason for the instabilities.
Search tags for this page

my rooted is completely hopeless

sbf back to froyo droid 2 global

stock rom froyo motorola droid2