completely disable net access

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
I want to completly block all internet access from my phone and still keep my text messaging and phone operable. I want to do this from within my phone without getting verizon involved......is there anyone that can help me with this?

Chaos2092

Reaction score
If you go to your wireless settings, then mobile network settings, uncheck "data enabled" and it will just keep your cell connection for texts/calls and such.

I use Extended Controls to have a widget to bring me directly to there, quite convenient but if you're not planning on switching it on and off very often the extra few seconds it takes to go into settings isn't a big deal.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Get the app android booster, install the widget and the button on the bottom right E will disable 3g/internet and still allow calls and text. Also saves you batt big time.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Chaos2092

Reaction score
Android Booster also tried being an app killer which sapped my battery like no tomorrow... not worth it for just that button when I have another more useful widget for that sort of stuff.

OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
I have my background data turned off, i have data shut off via restriction/lock, i have frozen a whole host of sys. apps. but I can still access the net. There is something funny going on with my phone and this is a little experiment.....I wasnt clear enough in my first post. I want a script that would kill any data transfer and I mean all data but I want to be able to shut it on or off via droid 2 bootstrap/recovery and still have use of my phone and msg'ing. hopefully have it secured through a password as well.

also I am rooted and running HeXen

Last edited:
OP
K

kanyonkritter

Reaction score
Any help will be greatly apprieciated and I am willing to make a donation :)

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Maybe I an just remove something with a root editor????

You can use titainium backup to freeze all the apps that use use data (ex. Browser, gmail and such) then use an app to lock tibu up password protected. Seems like a lot of work but there are no scripts that I know of.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

dobosininja

Reaction score
If you dial *#*#4636#*#* and go to phone setting you can disable data. Sms (not photo text) and phone should work.

Sent from my HTC S710d using DroidForums