1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Complete wipe without losing root

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by lordegregious, Aug 1, 2010.

1. lordegregious

lordegregious New Member

I've searched the forum and can't really figure out how to do a good clean start over for installing bugless beast. I've used it for a long time and noticed mine is slower than my friend's unrooted droid.

Anyways I'd just like to figure out how to do a good redo of everything. Maybe there is a tutorial somewhere about doing things over because my sd card looks awful too and I want to sell my touch and try to squeeze all the space I can out of the droid.

I was waiting for .5 but I'm sick of my phone being so slow.
  2. lmt1979

lmt1979 New Member

clean install ?

If you want to just wipe everything, boot into (I'm assuming you're using SPRecovery) recovery and do a data wipe/cache wipe. Pop out the SD Card while the phone is off and format it in a computer. Make sure you format in FAT32 file system. Then just get your hands on a new update.zip for Beast or whatever ROM you want to try and install it as an update.zip. This will make everything (mostly) clean again. I've done it a few times just to clear up and issues I might have.

There may be better ways but to be sure of what you mean, you don't want to lose root/superuser access do you? If so there is a way to unroot the phone as well.

Hell you can even try my take on Bugless if you like.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...east-0-4-frf84bv04-smoked-glass-romed-up.html
  3. lordegregious

lordegregious New Member

Sounds good, thanks.

Is one wipe of cache good or should I be doing it over and over. I don't want to lose root, just get my phone running better like I read about in the threads here.

EDIT: I followed those instructions exactly and I'm noticing that apps are being repopulated into my app drawer. I'm absolutely confused as to where they are coming from because I wiped everything at least twice.
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  4. moviemogul

moviemogul New Member

This proves that people don't read...wow...

Ok, BB 0.4 uses 2.2 FroYo as it's base. A feature in 2.2 is automatic app downloading. When you do a wipe, Google remembers your apps that you download and redownloads them for you after you log into the market.
  5. lordegregious

lordegregious New Member

Oh alright thanks.
Search tags for this page
full wipe and keep os android
full wipe android
how do i update without losing root access? 2014

how do you wipe data and usage from a htc droid dna to sell

how to completely wipe.phone.from.root
how to full wipe and keep root
how to wipe android phone clean keep root

how to wipe phone and keep root