complete mess with my charge...

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by codmanhowie, Dec 31, 2011.

1. codmanhowie

codmanhowie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had my charge since a week after they came out. Has always worked fine minus a couple hick ups along the road. since 2.3 was released i still have yet to receive the update. i always get the update that's 114.9 big and it downloads then reboots but never applies.

and as of recently about the beginning of December I've been loosing signal for hours! today i went into Verizon and he factory reset my phone after i had already tried it and some how got signal back up. not 1 hour of being home i loose signal again. still on 2.2. and Verizon tech wont do anything to help...

is anybody having any similar problems and or have found a solution.

I've read in a few places that Verizon is intentionally blocking some users from connectivity due to the release and overload of the new droid razor and bionic and such.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. KeepItReal

KeepItReal Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I had the same problem. I was notified OTA of the update, it failed and I could not get it to download again. I don't do the factory reset from settings. I use the alternate method. Here is what I would do (You are responsible for backing up your contacts/text messages/apps): 1. Power off device, remove SIM card and re-seat 2. Power back up and make sure the SIM reactivates 3. Perform the alternate version of reset ( http://www.knowyourcell.com/samsung...w_to_hard_reset_the_samsung_droid_charge.html). If the update comes through then things are fine. If not, then Verizon can replace your SIM card and see if that is the issue. If all else fails, Verizon should replace your device under warranty, unless you have some physical damage which will require you to put in a claim if you have insurance. Good luck!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Search tags for this page

how to reset mycharge

mycharge device on droid bionic not charging