Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

dxbouska

Reaction score
What sbf should I use with a boot loader version 30.04? Maybe that's my problem....

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The one you were trying is compatible. I used to use it all the time with that bootloader.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

dxbouska

Reaction score
OK.... I installed RDS 5.6. That solves my error message issues. Now I'm back to the boot loop. ( sbf to ver. 602) Going to try it again.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
After the SBF did you boot into recovery and wipe data/cache? A bootloop after an SBF is actually common.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2_ ICS Xparent

dxbouska

Reaction score
I did not. Good call. I didn't think about it. Its been awhile since I've done this lol. Ill try that next.

dxbouska

Reaction score
Well stuck again. Trying to get into recovery. Get to the green DROID and exclamation point hit search to get to recovery and it does nothing. Any other way to get to recovery?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yup, since you used the .602 SBF you should have to hit the both volume buttons to get into recovery from the Android screen.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Strange that should work unless of course something happened during the flashing process, you may have to try it again. Also, remember that during all this your battery does not charge so you need to be mindful of that since you can not flash with a dead battery.

dxbouska

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I figured. Funny you say about the battery, I just swapped with my wife for her charged one. I will have to continue tomorrow. Have to get ready to head for work. Thanks for all your help this evening. I appreciate it greatly. Thats why I like this forum, there's always someone willing to help. Thanks again.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. Hopefully we can get you up and running tomorrow. Have to dust the rest of the cobb webs off, been a while since I had to SBF now that I have moved onto the GNEX.

dxbouska

Reaction score
Me too. I have the Maxx now. Trying to get the X running for my daughter.

dxbouska

Reaction score
Got it! SBF' d again. I was using an extension on the USB cable. Removed it this time. Don't know if that was the issue? Anyhow after a factory reset I'm back up and running. Thanks again!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That's awesome!! And believe it or not sometimes the cord does make a difference, although I can't say whether or not that was the case here.