Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

ewinoh11

Reaction score
Can I use this:

"Can you boot into the operating system and don't want to do this?

See maderstcok - the update.zip OTA 2.3.340."

Process to go from Liberty Rom Gingerbread v.4 back to stock so I can install Liberty Rom 2.0.1?

android_FTW

Reaction score
whenever i try to open rsd lite, my pc running xp wants to know what program made it. i cant open it till i know the program. Any help? i need to sbf so i can dl gingerbread.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which ver are you using. It should be 4.9. That's what i use and i dont have issues

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

msu

Reaction score
RSD 4.9 not finishing

Hello,
I've used RSD lite before on my other phones, but I have ran into a issue.
My buddy busted up his droid and the screen is toast. It was rooted with Gingerbread. He is sending it back in since Big Red is sending him a new one. I wished he would have taking it into the store.

Anyhoo: I got the DX last night Blindly got it into bootloader. Started up RSD 4.9 and loaded sbf stock froyo. It made it all the way to 99% and said something about switching something and then failed. I did it again and it did the same thing. I'm guess this phone is really toast. He is just worried that they are going to nail him for the $300+ for the new X.

I'm not sure what to do now and figured I would ask before I give it back to him to send off to Big Red.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you can access the bootloader, it's not bricked. It must be something on the computer or driver end. Make sure it's the full sbf. I would try it on another pc. That worked for me when all else failed. Also what system are you on? XP? Win 7?
Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

msu

Reaction score
If you can access the bootloader, it's not bricked. It must be something on the computer or driver end. Make sure it's the full sbf. I would try it on another pc. That worked for me when all else failed. Also what system are you on? XP? Win 7?
Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

It is for sure the full sbf. Like I said, I used it before to go back from Gingerbread on my DX. I have changed from Vista to Win 7 since then and I used this method to do it.
SBF - Detailed Guide for Success - Windows 7
for Win 7
I used the latest 64bit Moto drivers.

One thing to note, One time while trying to get to boot loader when I plugged in the phone via usb, the green led light came on constant and it would not read the phone. Other time it did not come on and I could see the phone in RSD. I'm using RSD 4.9, but could try a older version I guess.

chuajlo

Reaction score
Ok just went through the SBF. but it looks like RSD froze up at the end. It says "Please manually restart you phone" but it booted up by itself. I restarted it and it is RSD still says please manually restart. I feel like it is safe to unplug but I wanted to ask.

I attached the screen shot.

Also I was surprised to see all of my apps still on the phone. I thought the SBF would clear the data. Should I factory reset so it is totally clean?
I have the same problem but I cant boot my phone anymore, it wont get passed the DROID eye page. It just went back to the word then the image over and over again.
Any help

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try going into stock recovery and wipe data/reset there. Then reboot. That should take care of the bootloop

CM74D2

chuajlo

Reaction score
Try going into stock recovery and wipe data/reset there. Then reboot. That should take care of the bootloop

CM74D2

Thanks but sorry I don't know how to do that, can you direction me how or link me to a link that show how cause I can't even do anything to the phone now other than reflash again.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Turn the phone off. On dx running froyo, hold power and home i believe until you see the triangle icon. Then hit the search button and you'll be in recovery (stock). Wipe data there and reboot. For the future, knowing how to do all of this before messing with your phone will help a ton.

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^ Good advice. I would also wipe cache while your there.

CM74DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can answer this Brad. I have been under the impression that when you wipe data/reset in cw or stock recovery, the cache is included in that wipe. So, wiping cache after wiping data would be redundant. Basically:
Wipe data/factory reset =wipes data/cache
Wipe cache = wipe cache only.
I know I've read this somewhere. Am I trippin'?

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can answer this Brad. I have been under the impression that when you wipe data/reset in cw or stock recovery, the cache is included in that wipe. So, wiping cache after wiping data would be redundant. Basically:
Wipe data/factory reset =wipes data/cache
Wipe cache = wipe cache only.
I know I've read this somewhere. Am I trippin'?

CM74D2

I have noticed that when you do a data wipe, it says formatting cache also. So yeah, you're right, I think.

I just wipe cache out of habit.

CM74DX

chuajlo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'm sorry if I was such a bother, I'm a beginner and did hours of reading in the forum before flashed a sbf to my phone. I thought that was the beginning of playing around with the phone, maybe I need days of reading before I do everything than. I'm sorry if I offend the Sensai and Ninja for being a rookie, but I am one step closer to become you guys.

Still Thanks for solving my problems, for now if I ran into anyone with the problem I can help them for you two and will save you some times.

"NARUTO" shinobi world, sensai and fellow shinobi be patient for the civilians so they can become shinobi to and we all can protect our precious.