Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

Discussion in 'Droid X Rooted Help' started by maderschramm, Nov 25, 2010.

1. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Zomg
    I forgot about the preinstall dir!
    To update maderstcok or not to update...that is the question...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

2. ClumsyNinja21

ClumsyNinja21 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0

3. maderschramm

maderschramm Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PRL = Preferred Roaming List

it's a value that changes based on which of Verizon's partner's towers you'll be using, it's not really all that important, it doesn't improve or hinder call performance (at least when you're not roaming, while is debatable).

My best guess is upon reactivation with *228 it updates? Not positive, I'd call verizon if you REALLY wanted an answer.

4. ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Very nice, sir! Makes complete sense. So now I am going to maderstok the sbf'd phone. I feel like maderstok just works. And I DL'd from the new link. I graciously thank you. :)

5. Turbod

Turbod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need help guys. I woke up this morning with the phone running fine. I clicked on Market to check for any app updates and the phone rebooted. Now the phone is messed up. Clicking Market forces an immediate reboot, Gmail force closes, the phone will run for a bit then go into a reboot loop, I get a google framework error, and it loses network connections. It was running fine until I picked Market this morning, I have made no new changes to it in some time. I can't get it to factory reset, or even restore the hidden files through adb (renamed from apk to bak, not deleted). So I have been trying to flash a sbf with this guide and it fails with both Rds_lite and through Ubuntu. The phone had the OTA .340 update, so I picked that sbf file. I even tried it with the .320 with no luck. It has the .304 boot loader. I am at a complete loss at this point, every time it reboots, it seems to reboot into a state that was from this morning, no new messages even show in the history. Here is what I got the last time through Ubuntu, please help.
    Motorola AP Flash found.
    >> sending erase
    >> uploading CG31: 100%
    >> uploading CG33: 100% %
    >> uploading CG34: 100%
    >> uploading CG35: 100% %
    >> uploading CG39: 100% %
    >> uploading CG40: 100%
    >> uploading CG42: 100%
    >> uploading CG47: 100% %
    >> uploading CG61: 100%
    >> uploading CG64: 100%
    >> uploading CG65: 100%
    >> uploading CG66: 100% %
    >> verifying CG31
    !! failed
    >> verifying CG33
    !! failed
    >> verifying CG34
    -- OK
    >> verifying CG35
    -- OK
    >> verifying CG39
    !! failed
    >> verifying CG40
    !! failed
    >> verifying CG42
    -- OK
    >> verifying CG47
    -- OK
    >> verifying CG61
    -- OK
    >> verifying CG64
    -- OK
    >> verifying CG65
    -- OK
    >> verifying CG66
    !! failed
    >> rebooting

6. Turbod

Turbod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update to my issue. I can get into adb shell and unhide the bloat (.bak to .apk), I can delete applications, but no changes stay once rebooted. Its almost like it reverts to a saved image of itself before the issue, but all problems are still there. It will not let me sbf or factory reset, it reverts back to this screwed up state. I have a warranty, but I cant get root, or any other programs off it, which could pose a warranty issue. I have even tried to remove them through adb shell with the rm command, they disappear off the list, but once rebooted, everything comes back.

7. ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok....so have u tried to redownload the sbf? The errors u r getting are synonymous with a corrupt sbf. Also can u get to stock recovery at least? Make sure u r using the usb cable supplied with the dx

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

8. Nismo90tt

Nismo90tt Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I rooted a friend's DX a while back and he has recently fallen into a lake with his phone on him. He took the time to dry it out in rice and it powers up but goes straight to the Bootloader 30.04 screen.
    I have tried various versions of RSDLite (4.7-4.9) to flash various .SBF files but haven't had any luck as of yet. I have been getting various errors also, but the main one involves being unable to switch the phone to "BP Passthrough".
    At one point the battery died and I have gone through the trouble of cutting a USB cable and powering the phone that way just to keep it on.
    At this point in time I have the following showing on the screen:

Bootloader 30.04

Code Corrupt

Battery OK
    OK to Program
    Transfer Mode:
    USB

I have recently installed VM and Windows7 and have it up and running on my iMac (in IE through Windows right now). RSD recognizes the phone currently but I'm wondering if I should switch and try to go with Ubuntu instead? Also, from what the phone is showing right now, does anyone think it's recoverable? Is there an .SBF that I don't know about besides the .340 full?

I have searched and searched the "interwebz" for answers, but have found that I'm digging through many of the same sites and threads. I know I haven't exhausted all possibilities as of yet, and was hoping someone could help me out. I also realize that there are thousands of threads concerning possibly "bricked" DX phones, but I'm running out of patience with endlessly searching the internet.

I should be able to answer most questions concerning .sbf files that I've tried and RSDLite versions......I've tried flashing this phone AT LEAST 20 times yesterday. I'm holding out hope here, so and I'm waiting on someone to swoop in and save the day.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#212 Nismo90tt, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  9. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    How long did you let the phone sit before putting power through it? Did you use a desiccant? Because most likely, especially if you jumped the gun or used a bad drying agent, it's fried now.

10. Nismo90tt

Nismo90tt Member

Ratings:
    +0

I have no idea how long he let it sit. He just called one day from his wife's phone and said he fell in a "pond" and went completely underwater and had his phone on him. He said he let it sit, but I'm beginning to think it didn't sit long enough. It's just terribly annoying that it powers on and begins the flash process, but won't take the .sbf file.
    I guess it's fried. He already has another phone (added a 3rd line so he could get an iPhone4 for his wife and he took over her DX). So, essentially, I'm wasting my time. :icon_eek:

11. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Tell him you'll keep it, then sell it for parts. :D

But yeah, it's probably fried. He probably tried to use it as soon as he got it out of the water, or thought it was "dry".

12. Turbod

Turbod Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Redownloaded and reinstalled everything and it still fails with stock cable, even tried other cables. It always looks like it is working but I get a checksum 31 error with rsd lite. I have gotten a replacement phone, but I would still like to solve this problem just for the fact it's bothering me that it will not work. Any other ideas?

Search tags for this page
droid x linux sbf

droid x sbf

droid x sbf guide
droid x sbf linux
droidx sbf
how to sbf a droid x

how to sbf droid x

sbf droid x

vrz mb810 2.3.32 1ff 01.sbf
what is sbf droid x