Jeff66554433

Reaction score
help

ive got windows 7 (64) and i need the good gingerbread droidx verizon motorola

Last edited:

Johnny Murdock

Reaction score
Help with Droid X .sbf flash

Howdie. I recently had an issue where phone got wet. Dried out completely and it booted ok, except stayed in airplane mode. I then read some stuff in this forum and flashed .340 .sbf using rsdlite 4.9. Came up ok, then did an *228 activation. Phone seems to work fine until the second power off and restart?

What it does then is come up with the red circle w/ slash, aka NO SERVICE? have reflashed serveral times, activated both auto and manually, did roaming upgrade also. Phone will work ok, until I turn off the second time?

Any advise before I replace phone thru insurance?

thanks...

celoughrey

Reaction score
SBF stuck??

My RSD lite has been sitting for over 10 minutes saying to manually power up this phone, 100%, and in process...

The phone is showing the red M logo, should I just leave it for a while or did I do something wrong.

celoughrey

Reaction score
My RSD lite has been sitting for over 10 minutes saying to manually power up this phone, 100%, and in process...

The phone is showing the red M logo, should I just leave it for a while or did I do something wrong.

Okay, I was using the wrong SBF file, I started over but now it is stuck at the red eye with the RSD lite saying the same thing.

Taylor93

Reaction score
So I fantastically jacked my 6 day old droid x. Was trying to back everything up with bootstrapper and my phone reverted to 2.2.1. Been searching for hours tonight and finally found your .zip to fix it. dled, moved to card(had to name update.zip) wiped both catches and went to install. To my relief it worked. Sike. The phone comes on, all my apps and data are still there. Wtf right? I re-active my phone and check my software... still 2.2.1. Now how can an sbf work but not revert the phone? Im clueless. Should I sbf it again? Or factory wipe then sbf? Or just tell Verizon my phone is defective and get a new one?

Last edited:

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had this problem before and if you go into stock recovery and wipe or factory reset. And then do a sbf again and it should be good to go.
And I wouldn't say the whole send it in to Verizon some people on here will bite your head off haha.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

Taylor93

Reaction score
I've had this problem before and if you go into stock recovery and wipe or factory reset. And then do a sbf again and it should be good to go.
And I wouldn't say the whole send it in to Verizon some people on here will bite your head off haha.

FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!
FreeMyMoto!!!

I got ancious and wiped it last night, fixed everything plus kept my app data since I installed them all on 2.3.340.

And about the verizon thing... haha. That was a panic post since I'm such a newbie to Droid hacking. They won't get my phone back, ever. dancedroid

Bunges17

Reaction score
My Droid X is stuck in a bootloop the just says Liberty for a few seconds then goes to a black screen and the the Liberty continues to pop up continuously but it will not boot, so the phone is unusable. What do I need to do in order to restore it or is it unfixable?

attoycity

Reaction score
and what 's the problem? After i do this my phone did not returned to 'out of the box – brand new' status???i am really confuse yet...

chrismang

Reaction score
My Droid X is stuck in a bootloop the just says Liberty for a few seconds then goes to a black screen and the the Liberty continues to pop up continuously but it will not boot, so the phone is unusable. What do I need to do in order to restore it or is it unfixable?

and what 's the problem? After i do this my phone did not returned to 'out of the box – brand new' status???i am really confuse yet...

Refer to the following link.

If your bootloader is lower than 30.02 you may need to use "the_gift" by the black hat.

A quick note: If your phone was up to date with Over The Air updates by verizon, you will need to sbf to 2.3.340.

Complete Droid X .sbf Flashing Guide

chrismang

Reaction score
ive got windows 7 (64) and i need the good gingerbread droidx verizon motorola

1. If you're on stock Android on your droidx make sure you are completely up to date with OTAs.
2. Root your phone.
3. Download clockworkmod rom manager from market
4. Find gingerbread for droidx update zip files
5. Install update zip files using rom manager

Most likely a google search for "droidx gingerbread leak" will land you on a forum with more instructions and the files. GLHF

chrismang

Reaction score
I am running Liberty 2.0.1. Like many, I am very interested in trying the new official Gingerbread release from Verizon/Motorola. I understand and know it is not possible to upgrade on a rooted/ROMed phone. So, my question is...

Is it possible to do a factory restore on a ROMed and rooted phone or do I really need to do an SBF? If an SBF is needed, can some one guide me to a viable and relevant link for doing so? I noticed a lot of SBF articles are not very current.

Thanks for any help possible.

You have to do the .sbf. And for instructions, well, you just posted in the best sbf instruction thread on here. It is in no way outdated.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

NO, you do NOT have to sbf if youre on liberty 2.0.1.

If you're on liberty 2.0.1 then you're on froyo. If you download the "liberty toolbox" (donate version) you can upgrade straight to gingerbread straight through the toolbox. This will put you either on the first or second leak, sorry i forget which one.

Then i would suggest you upgrade to final leak using Fabulous' files for going onto Apex 2.0 beta. It is by far the most stable gingerbread rom i've had yet.

If you don't want a rom'ed gingerbread then you can find the clean update zip files floating accross the internet.

gr8aussie

Reaction score
bootstrapper

So of course I am new to this, and am confused as to the difference in the bootstrappers...in order to install the leaked gingerbread, I am reading that i need to use droid2 bootsrapper, but to backup i need droid x? sorry for the dumb question, but I want to make sure I don't do anything dumb, like not have a proper back up before i start...the only thing I have done to my phone so far is z4root, freeze acouple programs and install titanium and droid2 bootsrapper. My main goal here is, of course to get the new gingerbread and have root. btw, i have had my X for just a week now and love it, i can't believe i stayed stuck in iphone hell for 3 years, i never knew what i was missing! hats off to you guys for all your hard work!