Complete Comprehensive Tutorial on Custom Boot Animations

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by csmith197, Dec 15, 2009.

1. king

king New Member

No I already have the animation on my pc i am just trying to have access to make folders on my phone and it says its read only. i am trying to get into the phone and disable read-only so that i can add the animation to the png folder
  2. Finnstang

Finnstang New Member

The only thing you need to place on your phone is the final bootanimation.zip
  3. king

king New Member

yeah i understand this but anytime i try it tells me read-only, how do i turn off read-only? i made all the folders it told me to do here but when i
    "adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local" it tells me not found, when its on my phone. I am really getting frustrated with this.:icon_ rasta:
  4. Finnstang

Finnstang New Member

Are you in the same folder as the bootanimation.zip when you run that command?
  5. richz

richz New Member

In a command prompt cd into your adb tools directory
    i got that part, start>run>enter...but what do i do for adb tools directory, someone explain this please?
  6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

I hope it's ok to add this to the end of this thread.

Has anyone tried to extract/convert imagery from Windows screen savers into image files? For the obvious. I have never really paid attention to even where in windows these things get stored, and using the windows search function has not helped me. I am guessing that perhaps these get stored into some encrypted code location, but before I give up, I thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Craig
  7. ucpro

ucpro New Member

ok i can't get on there. i've used the adb push, and even went through droid explorer, and neither works. when i did the adb push it showed a huge list of stuff and tha was it. with droid explorer i backed up the stock animation, but it wouldn't let me delete it. I'm going to the system>media folder
  8. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

adb push won't allow you to write into /system/media. I don't know what droid explorer does exactly, does it have a command to remount the /system partition as read/write?
  9. toolfreak

toolfreak New Member

10. Cowpoke

Cowpoke New Member

2nd edit -- Well never mind all of the typing below.... I got it working, never got 7-zip to do it right but winrar saved the day.

---------

Ghaaa.. I'm doing something wrong.

If i push the apple golden shower zip file it workes all fine and dandy and plays on reboot. So I know the abd push itself is working.

however if I unzip this file to a DIR on my PC, edit one PNG (I just negatived it) and use 7zip to rezip it all (part 0 folder and the desc.txt) back up (Store is set as the compression level, archive format = 7z, Encription method = AES-256) and then repush it to the phone I get the origional android boot animation.

Any suggestions? Not sure if its something wrong with the PNG (I've used both photohop and irfan view to edit the png) or my zipping up the file into a new bootanimation.zip?

---edit----

ok so its not the edited PNG either as I just unzipped the original leaking on the apple zip file and then just rezipped it back up with no edits. Pushing the original zip works, pushing the new zip does not. I'm doing something wrong on the zip apparently. dir structure is the same, zipping with store as comp level.
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  11. Greenblurr93

Greenblurr93 New Member

Ok, i clearly am missing something, got all the way through to pushing bootanimation.zip from my tools directory onto my phone. it looks like it pushed fine but i get the Black screen on boot. I opened the zip file thinking i did something wrong and it all checks out... Archived as "Store" and everything...

if someone could shed some light on this i would appreciate it.

I have attached the bootanimation.zip file i pushed onto my phone incase someone sees something i overlooked
  12. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

What tool did you use to zip the file? It sounds like some people are having trouble with 7-zip
  13. Finnstang

Finnstang New Member

Archive format should be zip...not 7z.
  14. Cowpoke

Cowpoke New Member

Ohh good grief. I never even checked to see what was in that drop down box. I was just manually replacing the .7z with .zip win the "Archive:" line. I figured that would force it to create a zip file.

Sweet, now to waste a couple days making my own boot ani.
  15. Greenblurr93

Greenblurr93 New Member

Is there really a difference with 7zip and other Zipping programs like WinRAR?? (which is what i used) As long as its a ZIP format with "Storage" selected would it make that much of a difference?
  16. Cowpoke

Cowpoke New Member

WinWar worked fine for me.
  17. Finnstang

Finnstang New Member

It was a problem with your desc.txt file...use the one attached to this post and you should be good to go...added another line with just a p...
  18. Greenblurr93

Greenblurr93 New Member

Worked great! someone may want to edit the original post to have that extra 'p' where he tells you how to create the desc file. If you copy and paste like instructed you will be missing the last 'p' like i was.

THANKS!
  19. mammlouk

mammlouk New Member

That's odd, shouldn't be necessary, I have plenty of bootanimations without an extra line.
  20. zcar.300

zcar.300 New Member

cutom animation

Does anyone have the loading screen for windows 7? Or know how I could get it other then using a camera while the PC is booting. lol
Search tags for this page
android boot animation

android dude

android peeing on apple boot animation

boot animation

boot animation 320x240

boot animation android

bootanimation 320x240
custom android boot animations
cylon boot animation on a droid razr maxx hd

cylon gif

droid incredible wallpaper