Compiling for Droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by microbolt, Nov 8, 2009.

1. microbolt

microbolt New Member

Compiling for Droid: Possible Root Exploit

Pretty sure I found a exploit that might provide root escalation for the droid. Seems this exploit affects the 2.6.29 kernel that the droid is running. Problem is I'm not very familiar with compiling apps for the ARM arch. Any ideas? This may finally land us root with the droid! =D Hopefully they didn't patch this in their kernel :)

Here is a link to the source of the exploit:

Linux Kernel 2.6.29 ptrace_attach() Local Root Race Condition Exploit
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. cizake

cizake New Member

If only XDA team would create a Moto sub thread...we could wrap this up in 24 hours.
  3. Quickster357

Quickster357 New Member

doesn't mean we can't ask them for some help. maybe they can take a quick look at it and provide some tips. there's always that chance.
  4. limaxray

limaxray New Member

I've been able to compile and run the exploit but am having some trouble. The main issue is the linked exploits is for x86 machines and its shellcode (payload that is ran as root by the exploit) is in x86 assembly. I don't really know ARM asm, nor how to create such shellcodes, but I'd imaging someone out there does.

I've attached my code that at least compiles. I think I fixed to to work correctly on ARM (to use ARM registers instead of x86 registers) but that could also need some tweaking.

In any case, I'm not sure if the exploit even works, but it does occasionally report success so I am hopeful.
Search tags for this page
android 1.x/2.x local root exploit how to compile

android 2.6.29 exploit

android 2.6.29 exploits
compiling