Competition in the Open-Source World Drives Software Evolution - Sapphire 0.5.2

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score
This is crazy! Can we get official word of a release here?

It's on the main wiki page now. I'm gonna hold off though for 3 reasons.
#1) ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys (probably means the market doesn't like to work with 2.2 fully just yet)
#2) The bugs they have listed, rather wait for them to fix those (which should be quick I'm sure)
#3) No HQ YouTube tweak yet (camera recording tweak is gone too, but from what I've read that's because of build.prop changes and there's nothing that can be done)

Very anxious though :)

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

#1) ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/voles/sholes/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-keys (probably means the market doesn't like to work with 2.2 fully just yet)
#2) The bugs they have listed, rather wait for them to fix those (which should be quick I'm sure)
#3) No HQ YouTube tweak yet (camera recording tweak is gone too, but from what I've read that's because of build.prop changes and there's nothing that can be done)

i think 2.2 has an option in youtube to default to HQ

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score

i think 2.2 has an option in youtube to default to HQ

Ah, that might explain it then :)

CLShade

Reaction score
:D

It is a very nice boot animation. Installed and running. The listed bugs are about what I was getting with my setup anyway so I'll kick this one around and see how it goes.

Thanks for the (fast!) hard work on it.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
0.6.0 is currently cruizing it's way down the information super highway do my laptop so that this evening I can install and enjoy all this build has to offer! Excellent work guys getting it out so quick! dancedroid

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
hey guys sorry we passed out this morning...

it's done.
i'll be making the release shortly, i have about 4 pages of posts to wade through... i'll try to go back and answer questions.

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score
Per the earlier request, here's the baseband from the first OTA 2.1 update:
GEARHEAD_C_01.3E.03P.zip

Rename to update.zip and flash with SPRecovery. May work with Clockwork, I dunno and I don't really care. Note that when flashing this, the progress bar will NOT completely fill up. When it says Done, it's done.

Credit to tehst3ve for the original update package.

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Not sure how to explain this but I will try.

I had installed 0.5.2 yesterday and themed it with the smoked glass blue theme. Last night I plugged my phone into the wall. I looked at it a few minutes later and noticed that while I had the usual black screen when the display times out I had the current time and alarm settings kinda glowing near the bottom of the screen. I showed my fiancee and she agreed that was weird. I have been unable to reproduce this but it was pretty damn neat if you ask me and I'd like to have it back. Any one know what I am talking about?