Compcache..please help

Discussion in 'ShadowROM' started by firejuan, Sep 18, 2010.

1. firejuan

firejuan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I loaded shadow rom yesterday which is a great rom with lots of options and no issues except with compcache for me. I ran slayher LV 1 GHz v1.6 kernel then cvpcs LV sapphire 1 GHz kernel (due to a post I found on the boards) both had options for compcache in the shadow rom settings which I enabled and rebooted. After heavy use and a charge my swapcache in SETCPU was 0, so I wiped everything and started over. I wiped all my partitions and reloaded shadow rom, gapps, and slow mo audio fix and reloaded apps and user/system preferences with titanium backup. I as I type this I wonder if restoring settings with TI messed up my next series of actions. I then proceeded to load slayher LV a GHz v1.6 + compcache_droid zip, jdlfg 1 GHz v3225 week 35 + ramzswap zip, and finally p3droid 1 GHz + RAMZSWAP module. While running all of these kernels the compcache option was always available and I always rebooted after enabling, but I never actually got compcache to run. My swap files in SETCPU were always zero. I ran /system/bin/compcache stats in terminal emulator and received the message- failed to open /dev/block/ramzswap0: no such file or directory. I ran /compcache start and received the following message- modprobe: chdir (/lib/modules/): no such file or directory, failed to open /dev/block/ramzswap0: no such file or directory, and lastly swapon: can’t stat ‘/dev/block/ramzswap0’: no such file or directory. In a last ditch effort to see if I was still screwing something up, I downloaded meminfo app and got the following message when I selected show compcache status- error: java.io.filenotfoundexception /proc/ramzswap (no such file or directory). If anyone knows where I missing something please enlighten me. Thanks.

2. droidman101

droidman101 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i suggest....
    reloading shadowrom after wiping, then flashing a kernel, enable compcache, reboot, and restore your apps. in that order

3. firejuan

firejuan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unsuccessful update

Alright if anyone has an idea I would be grateful for the assistance. I attempted two different methods to get compcache to work. Prior to installing the ROM in each step, I wiped the data/cache & then went into the partitions menu and formatted boot, system, data, and cache.
    1. Installed shadow rom with stock kernel. After starting up, I skipped the Google set up and enabled compcache then rebooted. I then installed busy box and terminal emulator. I ran /system/bin/compcache stats in terminal emulator and received the message- failed to open /dev/block/ramzswap0: no such file or directory. I then installed the compcache_droid zip. I ran the same command with the same result. I finally tried disabling compcache then rebooting followed by enabling compcache and rebooting. No go.
    2. Installed shadow rom then slayher 1 GHz v1.6 kernel. I followed the steps stated above: skip Google set up, enable compcache reboot, then installed busy box and terminal emulator, but that did not work. I then installed the compcache droid zip with no success. Finally, I tried disabling and enabling compcache in the shadow rom settings, but did not get a good result.
    Any help would be great.

4. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Current Phone Model:
    Nokia Lumia Icon
    Better that you didn't get it to work. Compache will slow down your device in 2 days and finally cause a random reboot if you don't reboot it yourself.

Your device will run better without it.

If you reboot your device daily then I'd recommend using compcache if not don't bother.

Sent from my Droid

5. DanDroidX

DanDroidX Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is swap better than compcache?

6. michael_campbell

Ratings:
    +0
    I know this thread is old, but do you have any documentation for your assertion here? It's the first I've heard of compcache being the cause of any slowdowns, and I'd like to get some verification other than "some guy on the internet".

Search tags for this page

android disable compcache

enable/disable compcache

ramzswap0 di android