COMPCACHE for UD *2.5.0*!! [Instructions] Updated 12/16/10

LT*

Reaction score
someone post if there battery levels has changed from using compache please:D and also i didnt do a backup of the reg slayher kernel before i flashed the compache, to go back to regular can i just flash a slayher or maybe even a chevy kernal right on top of it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

You can, but why bother, leave it, and just turn off compcache via terminal and in UD settings.

$ su
# compcache stop

Then, remove the script to turn it on at boot from the 20userinit file.

This way, if you ever want to use it again, there is no need to find the file and flash it.

The Sloan Ranger

Reaction score
My phone has never ran smoother. A big THANKS to all the developers and themers out there. I've listed my settings below, and 24 hours later I have not had one force close or bootloop. This thing flat-out flies and shows no lag whatsoever. Quadrant scores consistantly in the mid 1700's. Last night I had one score above 1800, but forgot to snap a pic...Doh! Battery life is still being assessed.

Here are my settings:

D1
UD 2.3
Slayher LFY 1.275 (min-250; max-1275; interactive governor)
X Mas theme by cush2push
Compcache enabled
Autokiller memory optimizer - Set to aggressive
Transitions & animations set to fast
Note - Everything was flashed using SPRecovery (update zip method)

wingdo

Reaction score
I keep it on the max percentage and reboot once a day.

Seriously?

If any other program made you reboot your phone every single day just to use your phone, would you still keep it installed?

doublea500

Reaction score
it says compache could not be found should i just flash it again?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

doublea500

Reaction score
i tried to dl again and flash the new one and it didnt work again... i dont know whats wrong. it says compache not found. su permissions were given, i have a slayher kernal rom on it, i have compache at 18%(default) in ud settings. what is the problem?

jbg25

Reaction score
I tried it...but no thanks.

The performance improvement was negligible for me...and Slayers Kernels only piss off my phone.

With the stock Kernel my Temp when I unlock the phone after a time of non-usage was 59F. and with typical usage rarely climbs above the high 80's unless I am playing a real intensive game or something.

As soon as I loaded the LFY Kernel and my phone started rebelling. increased force closes...increased lag...and worst of all increased heat

With LFY 1000 Kernel clocked to 800MHz with Compcache on...my phone was at 86F when I unlocked after no activity, and quickly rose to 120 with little processing. I also had HORRENDOUS battery life.

droidemere

Reaction score
I was running slayher 1.0 with compcache...my battery temperature would go up to 119 F degrees in minutes..and my battery life was horrible..I had to swtich kernels..do I have to remove compcache from my phone or are there any other extra steps I need to take?

Sent from my Droid

jbg25

Reaction score
I was running slayher 1.0 with compcache...my battery temperature would go up to 119 F degrees in minutes..and my battery life was horrible..I had to swtich kernels..do I have to remove compcache from my phone or are there any other extra steps I need to take?

Sent from my Droid

Just make sure it is disabled. No need to remove.

sonnydroid

Reaction score
i tried to dl again and flash the new one and it didnt work again... i dont know whats wrong. it says compache not found. su permissions were given, i have a slayher kernal rom on it, i have compache at 18%(default) in ud settings. what is the problem?

what kernel are you using?
And, try listing the steps you took, to see if you missed one.

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
I keep it on the max percentage and reboot once a day.

Seriously?

If any other program made you reboot your phone every single day just to use your phone, would you still keep it installed?

I generally reboot once a day for whatever reason anyway so it doesn't bother me.

Sent from my Motorola Droid

doublea500

Reaction score
guys nm it is working, it was working all along. i thought compcache was spelled compache withought the c. sound better that way:D

ChodeNode

Reaction score
A couple of n00b questions:

1) What does Compcache supposedly do?
2) What do these kernels add to what comes stock with UD?

bdub33

Reaction score
This works great

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OSX2000

Reaction score
Compcache is great n all...the Droid is noticeably snappier, but it's just not worth it to me. I literally get double the battery life with Chevy's 1100MHz kernel, vs the Slayher 1100MHz kernel.