COMPCACHE for UD *2.5.0*!! [Instructions] Updated 12/16/10

LT*

Reaction score
Just to update this, I installed the LFY 1100 a little while ago, and I did not have to install the fix update.zip to have compcache working. Running pretty smooth and quick too. Just have to watch temps and battery now.

tee00max

Reaction score
So when you guys say go to the performace setting im going to Compcache ram usage and putting 18% or do i leave that alone?

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
So when you guys say go to the performace setting im going to Compcache ram usage and putting 18% or do i leave that alone?

Choose whatever level you're comfortable with. The higher the level, the better performance (theoretically), but you may have to reboot more often. 18% is a good balanced level, but personally, I have to go overboard on everything so I go for the max haha.

tee00max

Reaction score

Choose whatever level you're comfortable with. The higher the level, the better performance (theoretically), but you may have to reboot more often. 18% is a good balanced level, but personally, I have to go overboard on everything so I go for the max haha.

ok cool thanks!

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
Just to update this, I installed the LFY 1100 a little while ago, and I did not have to install the fix update.zip to have compcache working. Running pretty smooth and quick too. Just have to watch temps and battery now.

I am not having very good performance with the LFY kernels. Extremely choppy and laggy, fluctuating heat, and quadrant scores that are 150 points lower than with Slayher's 1.6 kernels. I can confirm that I didn't need to flash the update.zip for compcache though. I am going to give it a couple of days to let the kernel "settle down" and see if it gets any better.

Last edited:

lindel

Reaction score
UD 2.3.0, Slayher_7x1200LV_v1.6 kernel with compcache enabled. Runs a consistant mid 1500 in Quadrant, and so far, nice and cool. Today will tell how the battery life is.

LT*

Reaction score

I am not having very good performance with the LFY kernels. Extremely choppy and laggy, fluctuating heat, and quadrant scores that are 150 points lower than with Slayher's 1.6 kernels. I can confirm that I didn't need to flash the update.zip for compcache though. I am going to give it a couple of days to let the kernel "settle down" and see if it gets any better.

I'm doing the same, the 1.6 ran well, the LFY seems to heat up quicker and stay hot longer with more intensive apps. Giving it a few days and then I'll decide.

OP
anuraj1

anuraj1

Reaction score
I'm doing the same, the 1.6 ran well, the LFY seems to heat up quicker and stay hot longer with more intensive apps. Giving it a few days and then I'll decide.

I just switched back to 1.6, the LFY kernels were not working very well at all. The 1.6 kernel and compcache are working beautifully for me.

segdoh49

Reaction score
Does anyone know where we can find a download link for the sapphire kernal that comes with the stock UD2.3 ??

houseboatwayne

Reaction score
Is the Slayher kernals combatible with Incredible? I've searched hard, but can't find the answer.

smtom

Reaction score
Is the Slayher kernals combatible with Incredible? I've searched hard, but can't find the answer.

They are not, sadly.
In the interest of compcache, I've tried all available AOSP Incredible kernels I could find and flashed them - a couple allow for the functionality, but none actually work.

Only time I've gotten compcache to work on my Incredible was w/ Ruby, and the stock Ruby kernel. If we had a copy of that, we may make some progress.

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
so i posted this comment earlier. but i deleted it because i went looking through the other posts more and thought i found the solution, but still nothing. I did all that the OP instructed me to do, then after rebooting, on terminal emulater, typed
$su
# compcache start
# reboot
then let it reboot, then when it rebooted, typed this:
$su
#compcache stats
#
and it left me on an empy line. nothing appeared to have happened.
Any reason for this and anyway i can fix it?

doublea500

Reaction score
someone post if there battery levels has changed from using compache please:D and also i didnt do a backup of the reg slayher kernel before i flashed the compache, to go back to regular can i just flash a slayher or maybe even a chevy kernal right on top of it?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk