1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Compatibility issues after rooting DX.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ALorenzo91, Feb 1, 2011.

1. ALorenzo91

ALorenzo91 New Member

I have rooted my DX a couple of times so far using z4 root. After doing so I installed the liberty rom. After doing all of this I had problems with pandora and pocket legends not being able to receive data. One other thing is all my music that hat worked before the root does not work now. Is there a way to fix these problems?

side note: My friend owns the D2 and rooted it the same way and all of his apps and music work with no problem. Could it just be a problem with the DX?
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

If I have issues with a new rom installation, the first thing I do is to reinstall the rom without doing any wipes. These types of issues often seem to be related to a bad install.
  3. ALorenzo91

ALorenzo91 New Member

I tried taking your advice, and reinstalled the rom but I am still running into the same issues. Any other advice?
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

Look at post #1137: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...ded-liberty-1-0-1-11-11-a-29.html#post1236741

Did you move Pandora and/or Pocket Legends to the Sdcard? If so, move back to phone.

If none of this works, re-download the DX version of Liberty and then follow their install instructions to a "T":

Install:
    make sure you have root and clockworks recovery installed
    -boot into recovery via clockworks bootstrap
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back "powerbutton"
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select LibertyX-1.0.zip
    -reboot

Liberty is a great rom and it works. That's why I'm focusing on the installation.