Compass issues

JeffBea

Reaction score
On my Motorola Droid the compass worked smooth. But my Incredible seems to always need calibratiing and doesn't seem to work as well, seems to hang like a sticky compass does. Anyone notice this or is it just my Incredible?

kmo

Reaction score
I'm using "GPS status" compass from the Market and it works great when calibrated.

OP
J

JeffBea

Reaction score
Yes the apps I'm using are from the Market. Google Sky map and some free compass app. They seem to work ok after calibrated. If I exit a app and get right back in to the app I have to calibrate again for it to work right. I didn't have to do that on my MOTO Droid. Seems to me it should hold a calibration for longer than that.

matt30

Reaction score
Yes the apps I'm using are from the Market. Google Sky map and some free compass app. They seem to work ok after calibrated. If I exit a app and get right back in to the app I have to calibrate again for it to work right. I didn't have to do that on my MOTO Droid. Seems to me it should hold a calibration for longer than that.

Is it sticking or is it not pointing in the right direction?
My DI has none of those problems.

kmo

Reaction score
Once calibrated mine works fine, I've had an update come through and I had to re-calibrate, but in general once I calibrate it's good to go... try uninstalling and install again, maybe?

OP
J

JeffBea

Reaction score
I powered the phone off yesterday. Let the phone do the reboot thing. Seems to work fine now. Go figure? Thanks for all the help anyhow.