1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Comparisons Between CM7 for Droid/Droid 2?

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - D2' started by SWFLDroid, Jul 24, 2011.

1. SWFLDroid

SWFLDroid New Member

I was thinking about rooting my GFs OG Droid. Compared to my phone that thing is a TURD! I know nothing about how to do it or what ROMs might be best for that device. Since I like CM7 I would probably just go with it for her.

Does anybody know how similar this ROM is on the two devices? Any advice on where to start learning how to root the OG Droid would be appreciated as well!
  2. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

I wouldn't call it a turd..I have had both the Droid 1 and Droid 2 and I prefer the D1 by a landslide. The roms though should be nearly identical assuming you are running the same version on both.
  3. SWFLDroid

SWFLDroid New Member

Sorry, what I meant was the performance is a turd, not the phone itself. I personally like the device very much, but in it's current state it is extremely laggy and laden with glitches. A turd in in the performance arena compared to mine, that's all.
  4. azules9780

azules9780 New Member

I had a Droid 1 as well and I definitely wouldn't call it a turd either. Until I shattered the screen, my phone would happily hum along at 1.2ghz which made it quite snappy! Plus, there were custom roms out the wazoo for it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  5. SWFLDroid

SWFLDroid New Member

I was finally able to finish rooting the Droid 1 and installing CM7 on it. WOW! what a PITA that was compared to the method (z4root) for the Droid 2!!! I couldn't find any easy way to get it done, just a 20+ step process highlighted by about 30 paragraphs of instruction, LOL!

Anyway, I did finally get it done but the performance on Droid 1 pales in comparison to the performance of my Droid 2. Quadrant scores on it were in the 800s, my D2, running the same ROM, is averaging about 2,500. Anybody know if this is just due to limitations of the hardware or if there is some way speed that thing up a little?
  6. C_BlazE

C_BlazE New Member

I know its to late but, I have read this is a painless process to root the D1 and other devices not covered under Z4root[APP]SuperOneClick
Search tags for this page

root 234 droid2 z4root