Comparison Video: Galaxy S6 vs iPhone 6

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't have a problem with the headphone jack...I just think it was a dumb move after teasing Apple about it.
*mind blown*

Turbo Tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Even without a case there is no way you would mistake these for iPhones. Slap a case on it and it will still look different.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the headphone jack...I just think it was a dumb move after teasing Apple about it.
*mind blown*

Turbo Tap'n
They made fun of Apple for it? Weird, the galaxy nexus had a bottom jack.

tpearsall

Reaction score
So sad about dropping the SD card slot. Paying outrageous prices for extra (cheap) memory makes me crazy. Less of an issue for me on phones, but deal breaker on tablets for me. The non-removable battery creating planned obsolescence is just screwing consumers. It's why I abandoned the iPhone back at version 2. Bummed to hear Samsung is following suit.

Here's to hoping Moto or HTC step up!!

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have no problems with a glass back, as I will have a case on it anyway. I know I know, why buy a case to cover a beautiful phone? I am clumsy, that's why.

The price will go down in 4 -6 months, so no worries there.

Touchwiz could be a thing of the past, if I could root the thing and just put my plain vanilla Android on it, or even Xposed.
XPOSED. !!!!
:rolleyes:

Bottom headphone jack was good when I used my Galaxy Nexus. It's how I put my phone in my pocket, top down. However, since I use bluetooth headphones now, it's a non issue.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
... if I wanted an iPhone I would already have one.

THIS. THIS. THIS.

TouchWiz and Samsung hardware design are NOT what keeps me from going to the darkside. I'm not an Android user because it's like iOS...I'm a vanilla Android user because it's NOT like iOS.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
TouchWiz and Samsung hardware design are NOT what keeps me from going to the darkside. I'm not an Android user because it's like iOS...I'm a vanilla Android user because it's NOT like iOS.

But with each iteration of iOS and Android, they are becoming more and more alike.
ie. pull down notifications, quick settings menu

At some point in time we may see iDroid OS, and call it a day, sing Kumbuya, and rejoice in the new flavor called iDroidOS 1.0 Apple Pie.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
But with each iteration of iOS and Android, they are becoming more and more alike.
ie. pull down notifications, quick settings menu

You mean Apple is finally catching up to Android 4 years ago? :)

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
At some point in time we may see iDroid OS, and call it a day, sing Kumbuya, and rejoice in the new flavor called iDroidOS 1.0 Apple Pie.

LoL I hope not! But, I will say that the elements may be similar, but their implementation and user experiences are VERY different between them. My thing is that they shouldn't try to be Apple-like, that's just a reason to go an by an Apple product.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia

V3bZnQc.jpg

S5 tap'n

crispykremess

Reaction score
When I look at it closely, it's kind of innovation on the get-go. It's something new and a little bit awkward having used to the convenience of an SD card, but yea, Sammy has more spices/ superb specs but got beaten by iPhone's beautiful aesthetics. At least now, they're living up to the challenge..

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not in any particular order, just my thoughts.

The good
  • Hard to beat Samsung displays
  • Adding Qi charging
  • 64 bit chip, even though it is just a line item now and not really useful. People will like it when comparing.
  • No more swipe fingerprint reader
  • Better build quality, not accounting for the glass back.

The bad
  • Touchwiz
  • Price
  • Glass back, and the color of it.
  • Touchwiz
  • Non-removable battery/storage, that is what was keeping many people buying their phones.
  • Bottom headphone jack
  • One tiny downward facing speaker
  • Touchwiz
  • Protruding camera

The ugly
  • Not enough phone to pull my away from my Nexus 6.
Why would you even consider the S6 when you already own a new phone. And trust me millions of people will buy the S6, regardless of what you think.