[Comparison] Samsung Galaxy Nexus Vs. HTC Rezound

Hallsie11

Reaction score
yes because thank goodness the rezound has the secret button in back that has the emergency 4g switch put there there to allow facebooking during outages. Yeah I was in the middle of walgreens trying to get a scrip filled and bam no data. 2nd one this month right? hopefully this is not a sign to come... are they on anybody's hacking poop list?

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Well, I just found something out that has turned me off of the Rezound, they use Monster earbuds! I refuse to give any money to that crock of a company, Monster.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, I just found something out that has turned me off of the Rezound, they use Monster earbuds! I refuse to give any money to that crock of a company, Monster.

If it comes with the phone...buy the phone and sell the earbuds for $100-$200 to some folks that love Monster...

Profit.

A.Brooks

Reaction score
Welp, with an unlocked bootloader now what does the Nexus have over the rezound?

I'm not looking for fanbois here, I truly believe either device will make me extremely happy, the only thing that can make me super pissed is another deal with battery life like my Thunderbolt. How are these batteries holding up, I saw 1 site say that the Nexus is the worst battery life on any smartphone to date. Giving it about 45 mins less battery life than the Tbolt, which is absolutely unacceptable, while the rezound lasted 75% or so longer than the Tbolt. But then I've seen screens of people using their Nexus for over 20 hours and it being just fine.

Ultimately I need to know which one is going to last all day without having to constantly charge it...any help out there?

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welp, with an unlocked bootloader now what does the Nexus have over the rezound?

I'm not looking for fanbois here, I truly believe either device will make me extremely happy, the only thing that can make me super pissed is another deal with battery life like my Thunderbolt. How are these batteries holding up, I saw 1 site say that the Nexus is the worst battery life on any smartphone to date. Giving it about 45 mins less battery life than the Tbolt, which is absolutely unacceptable, while the rezound lasted 75% or so longer than the Tbolt. But then I've seen screens of people using their Nexus for over 20 hours and it being just fine.

Ultimately I need to know which one is going to last all day without having to constantly charge it...any help out there?

According to Anandtech's Bench tool....the same site that found out that the G Nex was showing LTE readings accurately....and overall is a pretty good site to go to for info....the Verizon G Nex battery life is low over all vs. the other LTE phones on Verizon. Talk times being the biggest differences. I truly believe if you get the G Nex...you will have to found out all the tweaks to get the best battery life out the box. All I really have to do for my phone is have the screen brightness down and micro manage data use.

Some ppl that post the screens dont really say if its extended batteries, how long the screens been on, if they are running custom kernels, etc. Just test a G Nex vs. another LTE phone if you have that luxury...thats really the only way to tell. I always judge out the box performance with these phone for battery life, reception, performance. Tweak any phone good enough and it can have good to great battery life.... along with how you use the phone.

I will say tho any phone having reception, signal issues might have worse battery life than a phone with a more stable connection. Some of us dont realize that reception, signal issues can be as big a drain on the battery as just using the phone. I plan on doing some long term testing when I switch to a family plan between at least 3-4 phones.

Last edited:

A.Brooks

Reaction score
According to Anandtech's Bench tool....the same site that found out that the G Nex was showing LTE readings accurately....and overall is a pretty good site to go to for info....the Verizon G Nex battery life is low over all vs. the other LTE phones on Verizon. Talk times being the biggest differences. I truly believe if you get the G Nex...you will have to found out all the tweaks to get the best battery life out the box. All I really have to do for my phone is have the screen brightness down and micro manage data use.

Some ppl that post the screens dont really say if its extended batteries, how long the screens been on, if they are running custom kernels, etc. Just test a G Nex vs. another LTE phone if you have that luxury...thats really the only way to tell. I always judge out the box performance with these phone for battery life, reception, performance. Tweak any phone good enough and it can have good to great battery life.... along with how you use the phone.

I will say tho any phone having reception, signal issues might have worse battery life than a phone with a more stable connection. Some of us dont realize that reception, signal issues can be as big a drain on the battery as just using the phone. I plan on doing some long term testing when I switch to a family plan between at least 3-4 phones.
Yeah, for sure. I've got the Thunderbolt now and I am in an office with poor reception, so my phone is dead by 2pm if I don't leave it plugged in all day. I can eek 8 hours out of it on the weekend if I don't really touch it, it's crazy how poor the battery life is, with dim screen and everything. I just want a phone that I can not be required to plug it in and it last through the day like my OG Droid did. It didn't have great battery life but I never charged that thing at work and I would get 12-14 hours out of it, which was plenty plenty for me.

T-bolt has been a massive step backwards and a frustrating one at that. I got it on launch date, and I will never do that with another phone again. Trying to just hold out and see what happens here and who gets the best support and battery life. Right now I'm leaning towards the Rezound, not because of the headphones or anything like that, but if it can get good support, then I'll roll with it. I love ICS, but having held both devices, the Rezound just feels better in my hand. It's not a huge difference between the two in appearance, but when you hold it, it's night and day.

Thanks again for the response.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now...the Rezound wasnt on Anandtech's Bench tool yet. They have yet to review the G Nex or Rezound AFAIK. When they review both....pay attention to the battery life sections. They are usually very spot on. But just hang out in both forum sections and use that as a judge too until you can make up your own mind.

loki993

Reaction score

You may not like them, but look at it this way you're getting a decent set of headphone for free and no matter what you think about Monster they gotta be better then the el cheapos that you usually get with a phone or mp3 player

also I don't know if its ICS or the way the ROM im using is set up, but.... I said earlier Im running a ICS rom on my D2, a version of CM9. I know its not the best comparison, but Ive used a lot of different roms on my phone and the one Im using now has by far and away the best batter life Ive ever had on this phone and its not by a little bit. I mean at times where I would have had like 60 percent I still have 80 or 90, its significant. I know its a D2 but Im wondering if it has something to do with ICS because Ive been on a fair bit of different ROMS and that all got pretty similar bad batter life except this one which is ICS.

So maybe once the other phones get ICS theyre batter life may get even better. again maybe I have no idea if its acutally ICS or something in CM9 that's getting me this batter life.

Last edited:

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good comparison, but you're forgetting one thing very important to much of this community. The rezound is still locked down tight, and will likely remain that way for a while!

So you should add a category (root user experience). Nexus would be 10/10, and rezound would be 0/10 as it's only got temp root ...

Look like its been Unlocked for the past few days and now has permanent root.