Comparison of Features for OG Droid Incredible and Droid Incredible 2

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dinc2.png
dincOG.png

Here's a cool breakdown of features that the new Droid Incredible 2 has over its ancestor the OG Dinc. To simplify things, the following will just be a list of things that are only found on the new phone, or a quick comparison.
  • Global Phone with support for voice service in over 220 countries, data in over 200 countries, and 3G speeds in more than 125
  • 4" SLCD screen vs. 3.7" AMOLED
  • A front-facing 1.3MP camera
  • 768MB of RAM vs. 512MB
  • 16GB internal storage vs. 8GB
  • 1GHz 2nd generation Snapdragon MSM8655 with 45nm technology vs. Snapdragon QSD8650 processor with older 65nm technology
  • Sense UI 2.1 vs. Sense UI 1.0
  • 1450mAh battery vs 1300mAh battery
  • DLNA streaming
  • Incredible 2 is a bit larger and heavier
This phone looks more attractive when you break it down like this. I didn't think it was a cost-effective phone at first glance, but if you need a world-phone, or just really loved the OG Dinc, then this may be a decent upgrade option. It's easy to get so enamored over all the dual and quad-core phones coming later, that we forget sometimes that everyone's needs are different.

Source: AndroidPolice

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
I still really like this phone and what it has to offer. The size on it is fantastic and a straight out purchase price of $430 isn't bad at all. I don't know, I still may buy this one straight out and save my upgrade for the next "expensive" upgrade phone down the road. I can actually somewhat stomach the price on this one.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Any reports on battery life yet? I think the phone looks great, I dont know if I can go down from a 4.3'' screen though.

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
Pretty good? They say the incredible s gets awesome batery life.. like two days worth of awesome.

That's what a lot of people seem to be missing.

All these new non lte phones have awesome battery life...f lte.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Battery is great

I've only used mine for one full day, but battery life is much better than my DInc 1. After 8 hours I was at 80% on Inc2. DInc would have been around 30% at that time of day.

joemustang

Reaction score
I went out and bought one on launch day. I was upgrading from an OG Droid. This phone is awesome. it is so fast compared to my D1 even rooted. This is a huge upgrade for me. I love it, and I can't stop playing with it. I've been playing around with it too much so I can't really give you guys an accurate battery usage statement yet.

UNC

Reaction score
Spec sheet basically shows us that the Inc 2 is just a LTE-less Thunderbolt.

uga81

Reaction score
I've only used mine for one full day, but battery life is much better than my DInc 1. After 8 hours I was at 80% on Inc2. DInc would have been around 30% at that time of day.

I got mine on the 28th and the battery life is much better compared to the DInc. I have been following the NFL draft a lot, but I've noticed that the battery is still getting me through most of the day if not all of it with a lot of use. And by the way, GO FALCONS!

Thach

Reaction score
My wife and I were down at the Verizon store yesterday and overheard one of the customer service people ask other reps if they have sold a DI2 yet. One guy said that he had and the rep asked him if he was able to fix the "Issue" with the phone before he sold it. Would anyone have any idea what issue he may have been talking about? I took a look at the display phone and it was pretty sick. I kind of wish my wife would have picked it over the Sam sung Facinate. I can't believe all the bloatware that came on that phone.

joemustang

Reaction score
My wife and I were down at the Verizon store yesterday and overheard one of the customer service people ask other reps if they have sold a DI2 yet. One guy said that he had and the rep asked him if he was able to fix the "Issue" with the phone before he sold it. Would anyone have any idea what issue he may have been talking about? I took a look at the display phone and it was pretty sick. I kind of wish my wife would have picked it over the Sam sung Facinate. I can't believe all the bloatware that came on that phone.

I have had no issues with mine so far.

My incredible 2 came with about 10-15 bloatware apps. Soo annoying.

steve13

Reaction score
I got my Inc 2 yesterday and it's been great. So far the only little annoyance has been the power button, it's just sorta hard to push. Not that it's hard to depress, but it's difficult to actually get it to recognize that you've pushed it. But other than that, it's a great phone and a big step up from the OG droid.