Comparison Chart: Motorola XOOM vs. iPad

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
I'm sure the iPad 2 will blow this away still, totally unfair comparison. Like it or not, Apple is bleeding edge when it comes to visual importance, and their devices look great, have the highest resolutions, and the smoothest/most responsive software. They're not about to be outdone when they pretty much created the market with their devices, articles like this only prove that other manufactures do all they can just to try and catch up, and all we do is point fingers and say "but look look look, anything you can do we can do better!!! (at least a year later!)"

I don't buy it. If any manufacturer wishes to take some of the market and establish a presence they have to come out with something revolutionary. Unbelievable screen resolutions, better battery technologies, bleeding edge processors with massive amounts of RAM and features that haven't been thought of yet, as well as some software to support it and at least match what Apple has accomplished. If you can't do this, they all you are is a mimic and consequently a failure IMO.

I yawn.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
The ipad 2 will have amazing new features... a camera, and the new ios

The processor will be the same and the ram will also be the same.
Then the ipad 2s will have extra speed.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prices aren't confirmed yet so it doesn't really matter.

Um VZW prices are confoirmed. Bestbuy will be higher retail as they are on everything else too

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
no offense but comparing this to tech thats almost a year old is pointless. we need to see how this stacks up to the ipad 2. still buying.

How can you compare it to tech that doesn't even exist yet?

So why write an unfair comaprison then.... The Xoom blows the IPad specs out of the water, but wont blow the ipad2 up....I am an android guy so Ill have the Xoom. I will also bet my GF gets the ipad 2 as she loves her Ipad

Kineo

Reaction score
Now, I prefer Android to iOS, but I don't think owning an apple product is JUST about status. For instance, Macs are great for artsy people. And iPhones and iPads have NO lag. Despite the slow processor or memory or whatever, they are COMPLETELY SMOOTH to the touch. I think Android really needs to learn how to do this because I haven't seen a single android powered device without lag. The Galaxy S Tab has lag, and the fact that they've only been showing demo videos on these xoom tablets only makes me worry more.

Um, my itouch has lag

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

My itouch doesn't have lag but half the time it doesn't even turn and its always force closing and I'm on my 4th replacement one and I've had the same problem with all 4.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Now, I prefer Android to iOS, but I don't think owning an apple product is JUST about status. For instance, Macs are great for artsy people. And iPhones and iPads have NO lag. Despite the slow processor or memory or whatever, they are COMPLETELY SMOOTH to the touch. I think Android really needs to learn how to do this because I haven't seen a single android powered device without lag. The Galaxy S Tab has lag, and the fact that they've only been showing demo videos on these xoom tablets only makes me worry more.

Um, my itouch has lag

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

My itouch doesn't have lag but half the time it doesn't even turn and its always force closing and I'm on my 4th replacement one and I've had the same problem with all 4.

I wouldn't play the lottery if I were you.

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
What do you mean apples have no lag...My ipod touch 4th gen is laggy.....my boys have them...they lag.They also freeze and hang up too just like an android.Btw my 1.0ghz Droid x runs much faster than my 1.0 ghz ipod touch 4th gen....

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
B

BUFFALOMADMAN

They made this chart over at droid-life because people were complaining so much about the price of the xoom so they compared it with the ipad's price that it was when it came out which was right around 800 so their comparison makes sense that you actually are getting a good deal since the Ipad when first came out was the same amount of money but the specs of the xoom are better. It is more a market value comparison than anything

B

BUFFALOMADMAN

Man people take this comparison crap way to serious it was jsut show the pricing aspect of why the xoom will cost what it does

want a droid

Reaction score
No point in comparing these two. Wait til the iPad2 drops this Summer and then compare. I'm not an Apple fanboy or anything, but the iPad was released back in April of 2010, so how can you even compare?

flawless73

Reaction score
yea the ipad only has 256mb and the lack of features but ill bet that the ipad will still run a hell of allot smoother than the xoom