Companionlink USB PC to Droid

KtownDroid

Reaction score
Tried useing the beta version of Companionlink for the Droid to syn via USB my Outlook contacts etc. It says it downloaded 504 contacts but my droid only shows 33. What am I doing wrong.

Mike

flyingfun

Reaction score
Mike, any luck yet with this issue? Going to get a Droid when I can get all my Outlook on it.

OP
K

KtownDroid

Reaction score
It must be something simple, I plan on calling tech support tommorrow. I thought alot of users would be using the Companionlink, guess not or at least they are not having the same issue.

Mike

Boat

Reaction score
I've been awaiting an answer to this very issue before buying Companionlink. I eagerly await your post of their response.
Thanks for trailblazing.

clcto

Supporting Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.companionlink.com
Here's the answer. It is because we implemented Categories for Contacts. However, Categories is not the default view. From my QA:

Droid 2.0 users who sync with CompanionLink USB may notice that some, or perhaps all, of their contacts do not display on the device after synchronizing. The problem is that the display options on the Droid will typically hide the user's contacts based on group/category membership. Here is how to fix this problem:

1. On the Droid, open Contacts, then go to Menu -> Display Options.
2. Tap the name of the primary contacts account. This will cause the account group list to display.

- To display categorized contacts, select "System group: My Contacts".

- To display uncategorized contacts, select "All other contacts".

NOTE: To filter the display so that it only show certain categories, uncheck "System group: My Contacts", then check the name(s) of the specific categories you want to display.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
www.companionlink.com