Companionlink For Google / Express

Discussion in 'CompanionLink Software' started by smilepak, Mar 9, 2010.

1. smilepak

smilepak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not sure what changed in the latest build, but it causes connection through proxy not working very well for wireless sync via Google. I've tried all sort of setting and it is not working.

I did notice that Companionlink for Google released a new build

Fixes in companionlink.exe 03/05/10 version 3.0 build 3091
    * Fixed an issue with certain recurring event patterns from Outlook
    * Added support for Google’s new secure calendar URLs

The added support for Google's new secure calendar URLs, this wasn't added to Companion Express or Companionlink Professional. Since Companionlink for Google NO LONGER support Lotus Notes (that was the whole reason I PURCHASED it in the first place), I am now forced to use CompanionLink Express, which is giving me all sort of issue.

Dang, the new build sucks.;

Everything was running stable for me using CompanionLink for Google prior to upgrading this new build, now I can't revert back because I no longer have access to the older build that worked.

2. clsales

clsales New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The update to Google's calendar URLs was added to Express and Professional in a previous build, we were actually a little late updating CompanionLink for Google.

Have you tried our free tech support department? Send us an email at support@companionlink.com or call us at 503-243-5200 (we're here in the US, not India!)

2011 EDIT:
    CompanionLink for Google is no longer a current CompanionLink product name. All current CompanionLink products now feature the ability to sync with Google. The software you need is dependent on the database you wish to sync with - for most of you, CompanionLink for Outlook will be what you need. Visit www.companionlink.com/google for more info.

#2 clsales, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011
  3. smilepak

smilepak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've tried tech support, it is useless. The proxy / auto proxy does not work with the newer build. The older build it worked fine. I gave up on it, looking for another alternative to use.

4. clsales

clsales New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke with one of my expert techs, and we think you may be having a problem with your proxy because Google now uses https instead of http. Are you behind a corporate firewall? You may need to ask your network administrator to make an exception for the URL Google uses.

I'm sorry you weren't able get very far with our tech support department. We do our best to respond in situations like this, but we are at the mercy of Google's web devs. When they make unannounced changes to their backend, we have to scramble update our software.

We update our software pretty frequently. If you would ever like to try our software again, you can always download the newest version of our software here: CompanionLink Product Updates