Commodore is back, as an Android phone.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
It's only a mid range phone but let's see where they take it.

After a few years of laying dormant, Commodore is finally back, oddly enough, with a mid-range smartphone, Wired reports.

Talking to the outlet, Italian entrepreneurs Massimo Canigiani and Carlo Scattolini claimed they acquired the rights to the Commodore name in several countries around the world. With the rights to the name in hand, the entrepreneurs set out to design the new Commodore PET smartphone, though it has no direct association with the famed 8-bit computer it shares its name with.

Full story at link below.
Your favorite 80s brand Commodore is back kinda with a mid-range smartphone Fox News

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's only a mid range phone but let's see where they take it.

After a few years of laying dormant, Commodore is finally back, oddly enough, with a mid-range smartphone, Wired reports.

Talking to the outlet, Italian entrepreneurs Massimo Canigiani and Carlo Scattolini claimed they acquired the rights to the Commodore name in several countries around the world. With the rights to the name in hand, the entrepreneurs set out to design the new Commodore PET smartphone, though it has no direct association with the famed 8-bit computer it shares its name with.

Full story at link below.
Your favorite 80s brand Commodore is back kinda with a mid-range smartphone Fox News
And I used to sell those PCs back then. I was manager for "Computer Corner", which at the time was in the Bazaar Of All Nations, Clifton Heights, PA. We first carried the PET. Then we moved onto the Vic-20, then to the Commodore 64, then the commodore 128. Then it moved to the Amiga. Then the store closes down.

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Bringing back memories FoxKat? Time will tell if taking an already known name was a smart move. I guess it all depends on what kind of experience people had with it. When I hear the name Commodore I think of old tech because that's what it is. Like I said earlier, time will tell.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The only thing this device & the Commodore of old have in common is the name. With so much competition already flooding the market, this device will really have to knock people's socks off to succeed. Same goes with this one. The Polaroid smartphone Preview - CNET
Just my 2 cents.

S5 tap'n