Comments in Rom Manager?

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
How lazy are you people? 1st you need a program to flash a Rom, theme, Kernel, etc... for you 'cause you're too lazy to read and figure out how to do it manually, and now you want reviews on the Roms. On that program?

BTW- A program that screws up the recovery on almost everybodies phone that uses it!

Instead of making useless threads maybe you guys could be reading what everybody thinks about these Roms. That is what DF is for!

Good luck with the "dummy-proof" way to flash Roms called Rom Manager!
Just make sure to have an good .sbf lying around!

Man, what's with the hostility? :)

Although, after my recent experience I have to say I agree with you; I need to become more familiar with SPR! RM has been a PITA for a while now! The only reason I like it is because I can flash ROMs while at work :tongue:

Sorry, it's just that people who are new to this should READ and UNDERSTAND what they are doing before they start messing with their phones. Instead of just doing something blindly and then asking for help.
Do't know how many threads have created on RM about losing Recovery or wondering why they are in a boot loop.

Here is some good info:

Sticky: Noobs looking to root look here 1st

Very true, also why I think apps like easyroot and dmupdater can be very dangerous. When I first started to think about rooting people always told me to wait until I was 100% ready and educated on the subject. Now because of that I can get myself out of most situations I run into on my phone. The people in this forum have created some awesome threads to read up on to guide you, if you take the time to read them its pretty difficult to really mess anything up too bad.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Very true, also why I think apps like easyroot and dmupdater can be very dangerous. When I first started to think about rooting people always told me to wait until I was 100% ready and educated on the subject. Now because of that I can get myself out of most situations I run into on my phone. The people in this forum have created some awesome threads to read up on to guide you, if you take the time to read them its pretty difficult to really mess anything up too bad.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

Good point ... I remember doing a ton of research prior to rooting: watching tutorial videos several times over and LOTS of reading on sites like this one. It give you a good base and understanding of what's going on. Now people that were on the fence can do it the "easy way" and just click a button without knowing what the h*ll they're doing!

Jester6x

Reaction score
Hey what do you guys think about having comments implemented into Rom Manager? I think it would be beneficial because then we would be able to see other user's "reviews" of that particular rom. Just a thought, I think it would help a bit. What does everyone think?

No thank you. Use the market as a gauge for this. How many of the posts are 'come to _____.com for free apps!' or 'OMGZ THIS BROKE MY PHONE UNINSTALL' Then the rest of the comments would be people trying to ask for help.

It would be cluttered with so much useless information that you wouldn't be able to find any of the good reviews. I think these forums are a great way to find out what features are in ROMs and what people like. If you are really that torn between ROMs either use trial and error since its so easy to switch or ask a question on here. People are always willing to talk about why they choose one ROM over another.

modified

Reaction score
Hey what do you guys think about having comments implemented into Rom Manager? I think it would be beneficial because then we would be able to see other user's "reviews" of that particular rom. Just a thought, I think it would help a bit. What does everyone think?

How lazy are you people? 1st you need a program to flash a Rom, theme, Kernel, etc... for you 'cause you're too lazy to read and figure out how to do it manually, and now you want reviews on the Roms. On that program?

BTW- A program that screws up the recovery on almost everybodies phone that uses it!

Instead of making useless threads maybe you guys could be reading what everybody thinks about these Roms. That is what DF is for!

I find it comical that you wholeheartedly believe that a program that flashes a ROM for you makes you "lazy." Laziness has nothing to do with it. It's purely convenient. Why anyone would prefer to flash a ROM manually is beyond me. I have been rooted and using ROMS for months, back when it was considered compromising to safety of your phone, and it wasn't difficult - it just took a while and I had to be glued to the computer. With the introduction of ROM manager I could be as crunk as a frat boy on Everclear and still successfully flash a new ROM within minutes. And you have something against the application that saves your precious time? As I mentioned above, you sir are comical.

In fact, according to your methodology this forum, Droidforums.net, would be another rendezvous point for "lazy" people. Gathering from your above post I can deduce that you would prefer to discuss ROMS at a real Roman Forum, perhaps one situated in Italy?

For your convenience: "A forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities, including political discussions and debates, rendezvous, meetings, et cetera."

----

Now, back to the subject at hand. I believe it would be a fantastic implementation. Why would I want to access another website to read reviews of ROMS, kernels, and themes when I could do it from the same application? It would save time and would be far more user friendly. Keep in mind that not everybody knows the existence of this forum.

Since we are already discussing ROM Manager, I think it would also be beneficial to show screenshots of various ROMS and themes a mandatory rule.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I find it comical that you wholeheartedly believe that a program that flashes a ROM for you makes you "lazy." Laziness has nothing to do with it. It's purely convenient. Why anyone would prefer to flash a ROM manually is beyond me. I have been rooted and using ROMS for months, back when it was considered compromising to safety of your phone, and it wasn't difficult - it just took a while and I had to be glued to the computer. With the introduction of ROM manager I could be as crunk as a frat boy on Everclear and still successfully flash a new ROM within minutes. And you have something against the application that saves your precious time? As I mentioned above, you sir are comical.

In fact, according to your methodology this forum, Droidforums.net, would be another rendezvous point for "lazy" people. Gathering from your above post I can deduce that you would prefer to discuss ROMS at a real Roman Forum, perhaps one situated in Italy?

For your convenience: "A forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities, including political discussions and debates, rendezvous, meetings, et cetera."

----

Now, back to the subject at hand. I believe it would be a fantastic implementation. Why would I want to access another website to read reviews of ROMS, kernels, and themes when I could do it from the same application? It would save time and would be far more user friendly. Keep in mind that not everybody knows the existence of this forum.

Since we are already discussing ROM Manager, I think it would also be beneficial to show screenshots of various ROMS and themes a mandatory rule.

The reason I do it manually is because I know it works. Seeing maybe 100 threads on Rom Manager issuses with Froyo is what brought my response.

Maybe I was generlizing a bit but if I had to guess i'd say most of the people who use Rom Manager don't know how to do it manually and/or don't really know what they are doing to their phone...ignorant, not stupid, just uninformed.

And as for the forum, don't know what the whole Roman thing was, but I was saying that this forum is specifically designed for the purpose of discussing these Phones, Roms,Themes, Kernels, etc... and I think the OP (requester of this feature) knows about the forum.

At least there is instructions on how to install and support before and after flashing on the fourm, with RM noobs are left with nothing except questions and a phone that needs to be rescued. Believe it or not I'm trying to help.