Coming to Motorola from BlackBerry 10

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just last night I missed it again when I couldn't listen to YouTube music videos and simultaneously fire off texts, read email, open other apps etc.

People actually do that?
You might want to try Pandora? Slacker? Spotify? Rdio?
You can run those fine and do other things on an Android. Better solution then using YT, although I haven't tried YT's new push into music yet.

OP
D

Dadeo

Reaction score
People actually do that?
You might want to try Pandora? Slacker? Spotify? Rdio?
You can run those fine and do other things on an Android. Better solution then using YT, although I haven't tried YT's new push into music yet.
Pandora, Slacker, etc don't allow you to search specific songs out and play them. You kind of have to listen only to what's playing. Unless you pay subscription fees, which I don't want to do.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There's talk of Samsung style multi window being incorporated into the base Android OS. If that's the case then in a future update you'll be able to do this.

OP
D

Dadeo

Reaction score
There's talk of Samsung style multi window being incorporated into the base Android OS. If that's the case then in a future update you'll be able to do this.
That would be awesome. This phone is impressive I must say. The battery life blows me away.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Word on the street is Hillary is considering switching to Droid Too.....
Said Her BB has been "nothing but trouble". :) (She used more expletives but....)

OP
D

Dadeo

Reaction score
Word on the street is Hillary is considering switching to Droid Too.....
Said Her BB has been "nothing but trouble". :) (She used more expletives but....)
Good for her. Make the botoxed witch use a rotary phone.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
I have to admit when I first moved from a BB to Android I hated it too. But I am talking way back when the Storm was popular. I didn't feel Android was very intuitive, but I got used to it and no longer miss BB at all. I have no experience with the BB 10 OS though, so can't comment on it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Ha! I've been using that same Alarm since my first OG Droid. I've tried a lot but I always come back to it. Dev is either dead or abandoned it. Doesn't reply to email any more. He used to.
In fact, he added the huge Snooze button after I emailed him and asked if it could be bigger.

TapaTurbo

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
[QUOTE="Dadeo]One of the few things, lol. Also, settings seem to be 3 and 4 presses deep just to get to simple functions. The alarm clock for example takes me three presses just to get to. But there's probably an app out there for quick settings. I'll look around for one.

[/QUOTE]

Wanted to comment on this.
First off, are you running Moto's Command Center Widget? Its the round clock that came with it. You just tap the time to set an alarm. One click.
Second, if you swipe down from the top of the screen with TWO fingers, that takes you to Quick Toggles. Press and hold those to toggle them. Press once to go to the option in settings, except Display which brings up the slider. And click the gear to go to main settings page. Just a swipe and a click.

TapaTurbo

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ha! I've been using that same Alarm since my first OG Droid. I've tried a lot but I always come back to it. Dev is either dead or abandoned it. Doesn't reply to email any more. He used to.
In fact, he added the huge Snooze button after I emailed him and asked if it could be bigger.

TapaTurbo
Last time I corresponded with him he was finishing up school, getting ready to graduate. That's been well over a year ago.
I don't miss that it hasn't had an update in forever because it has stayed fragmentation proof, unlike most apps that get regular updates that fix bugs. Color Note has been another one that gets very few updates, about 1 a year if that, but has not missed a beat on every device no matter the os version, manufacturers bloatware or skin or carriers "improvement" to the os.
Anyway here's another BlackBerry mimic I used to use until going to Nova Launcher.
Wave Launcher - Android Apps on Google Play

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't miss that it hasn't had an update in forever because it has stayed fragmentation proof,

Agree. It blows my mind that Google still, 5 versions in, will not let you set your own music as an alarm. I really like how Android clock LOOKS, but even 6 year old Alarm Clock Plus BLOWS IT OUT OF THE WATER. However FUNCTION > FORM for something so important. You can keep your Timely's etc etc
Google, why you no add good features:
- Can't use your own music?
- No GENTLE AWAKE, which is far and away the best feature on any Alarm Clock if you share a bad with someone. ;)